Entity Templates - some ideas

Michael, could you let us know if you guys plan a simple Template set up where I could pre-determine a template within a Type, then with a simple “+” generate a new Entity off that? This could be done out of the “ctrl” + “K” command as well if such templates were available there.

One example is my team has a Meeting Type (I just discussed this in another context here). I have different types of meetings that are determined by a single-select dropdown tag in that Type: Quarterly Review, Sprint Planning, etc.

Right now in Fibery, if I want to see all the meetings of a certain type, I have to create a view and filter on that drop down. However, if somebody creates a new Meeting in the Type, and does not remember to manually use the drop-down to select the meeting type, the filter will become inaccurate and this is problematic. Being able to tell somebody on the team that “just use this template to create your Sprint Review,” and knowing that using this template will automatically get the drop-down included, will avoid this issue.

Many other tools I’ve used have a very basic feature like this and it’s very useful to be able to create an Entity “pre-filled” at the click of a button.

@cannibalflea curious about if you’d have use for this, and eager to find out what the Fibery team plans around this basic need.

Thanks!