[DONE] Many-to-many relationships should be usable for levels in lists

I understand what you mean and I have to admit that I haven’t thought about too many other situations than those I’ve listed before. So I accept that there might be a case in which this approach is not desirable. However, I don’t really know how we can solve the “same-type reference” problem at lower levels of the hierarchy (i.e. beyond the top level) without a similar approach (i.e. finding a parent within the same type first before nesting the elements without parents inside the higher level nodes).

I also think that there are still situations where designers want to present an entity (with one-to-many relations) only once in the tree structure. I think this is where my proposed solution would again work quite well and consistently and would be customizable based on how the levels of the hierarchy are setup. So I would ask that you consider making it available as an option/switch or setting that can be triggered by those who would benefit from it.

I am not sure how this is going to be setup but if there is a way to achieve this, I think that solve my problem.

That is very true. I am hoping that this issue might be solved when/if we have Dependent Dropdown Fields as well as Loopback Relation, so that we can maintain consistency. At the moment I use automations to auto-populate the organization when an org unit is chosen.

I really appreciate you thinking about this and listening and responding to our feedback. This has been a long-standing item for me so I eagerly look forward to seeing the solution :grin:

1 Like