[Calendar View] Shorter time range for Calendar Day & Week View

I would love to be able to remove nightly time slots, ie from 8pm to 8am, seeing 24h time-slots hurts my UX badly. Thanks!

1 Like

Similarly, choosing to eliminate weekends from the timeline view would be nice :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion!
That’s one of the steps from “OK Calendar” to “Cool Calendar”!
Noted both your votes for this feature :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Adding my +1 here.

Things that would make the calendar really useful:

• Ability to set the start and end time
  • Ability to ZOOM in (it’s possible to create things that last 30 minutes, but you can’t read them)
  • Ability to open on the ‘correct’ page (e.g. This week, This month, This year)

Things that would make the calendar really cool:

• Ability to set 3 day period (e.g. yesterday, today, tomorrow)
  • Ability to compare with a past period (e.g. This month + Last month)
  • Ability to add custom functionality into the … menu (e.g. link entity to entity)
1 Like

Example of writing in a very little box.

fibery-calender

1 Like

I think most of my calendar view wish list is already captured here:

• set a working hour range for the daily and weekly calendar views [@cover], at least focusing within the range when loading calendar
  • eliminate weekends (or specific days of the week) from weekly or monthly views [@Chr1sG]
  • ability to have finer control on the minute increment [@uniquelau] (maybe if you hold shift or ctrl you get to increment by 15 or 5 minutes)

I would find it very helpful if I can add items that have a date but not a time/duration to the daily/weekly calendar view. Currently all date fields will have to be same type (date/time or duration). I want this feature so that I can add daily tasks to my calendar view with my actual meetings. This is inspired by outlook which allows you to have your calendar items as well as task items below:

This will also allow “all day” calendar items to show up properly in the calendar without having to block the entire day.

1 Like

Hi guys,
Upping this old topic, in the same path but in opposite direction, could a longer time range for calendar view be investigated (which ends up with a custom time range in calendar views).
For instance, instead of a daily aggregation, data could be displayed per week and/or month and/or year.

Thanks for the effort and amazing stuff you’re putting into this tool (and not - only - because we are constantly asking for more).
Cheers.
/BC

1 Like

Custom time range would be great: from → to.

Then you can use it for 2 week sprints. Or 3 weeks if that is your sprint length.

Or perhaps a place is run in 3 8-hours shifts. Then they can visualize every shift seperately.

Then you can also use very long timelines, for example if you want to visualize the history of your company.

Not critical for me but definitely useful.

1 Like

Is there any update on progress on the calendar view UI/UX improvements, in particular changing the ranges?

The ability to embed calendars in documents is really useful. However, the space in the monthly views is limited by the fact that you can’t remove weekends (in our case Saturday and Sunday) as well as the fact that each entry can only appear as one line:

1 Like

how can we set Monday as the 1st day of the week?

We are working on that now

6 Likes