Bulk create relationships in all view types

Currently, the bulk creation of relationships is only possible in table/grid views, and this is only achieved by manually copying and pasting the text of a related entity. I propose the introduction of a feature that allows for the bulk creation of relationships across all view types. This could be implemented through a select feature and a dropdown menu that enables the creation of new relationships relevant to the current view.

Here are a few scenarios where this feature would be particularly beneficial:

1. Project Management: When managing complex projects with multiple tasks and subtasks, this feature would allow for the quick and efficient creation of relationships between tasks, saving time and reducing the potential for errors.
  2. CRM: In a CRM context, being able to bulk create relationships between contacts, companies, deals, and other entities would streamline the process of managing customer relationships and improve data organization.
  3. Content Planning: For content planning and management, this feature would enable the efficient linking of articles, authors, topics, and publication dates, enhancing the content planning process.
  4. Product Development: In product development, it would allow for the quick creation of relationships between product features, user stories, development tasks, and releases.
  5. Research: For research purposes, it would enable the efficient linking of research topics, sources, notes, and findings, improving the organization and accessibility of research data.

I believe this feature would greatly enhance the flexibility and efficiency of Fibery, and I hope you will consider implementing it.

You can create a Button automation for this, though it will be specific to one DB.

E.g.,

• Make a temporary filtered Table view to display all the entities that you want to link
  • Select all rows (one click)
  • Run the Button automation

The Button automation can use the “Ask User to provide a value” option to prompt the user to specify the entity to be linked to the selected entities.

2 Likes

We also use buttons for bulk change when a user needs to decide. If the relation is always the same, we use auto link or automations to set the relation.

1 Like

Here is a use case for creating bulk relationships when linking Agenda Items to new meetings (when the agenda items are not fully handled or postponed to the next meeting).
Each Agenda Item can have multiple meeting relations for that reason.

So in the Actions dropdown we don’t need Duplicate in this case, but “Add Relation”, so in the example below they will appear also under Meeting B.

Using Button automation:

The ‘Ask user to provide a value’ results in an empty form field, in which existing meeting relations are not shown. This is not workable, because this would require users to re-enter exsting relations in order to maintain them.

Maybe there already exists an forum topic for adding new relations to existing multi-relation fields, through automations? I did not find that yet.

Workaround (but not ideal):
Adding a new Meeting Relation to meeting list through automation.
The problem is that in most cases the future meeting is already set and created before agenda items are included in the future meeting.

You can define an automation to add/move the agenda items to an existing future-dated meeting (presumably the meeting with the latest date) using an ‘entity query’.
https://the.fibery.io/@public/User_Guide/Guide/Using-First()-in-Automations---Entity-query-finder-for-a-dynamic-set-for-relations-fields-118

1 Like

Can multi created item in Set Rule link to just 1 new created entity ?

Here’s an example, In meeting entity, I have button to create 4 transaction which will belong 1 new project (Meeting database and Project database dont have relation, only Transaction have relations with Project database). Do we have any way set up for those 4 items can link to 1 new Project with the same name field: Project …

Without scripting, it is not possible to create an entity in a database that is not linked to the database in which the automation is triggered.
I might suggest that you create a relation between Meeting and Project dbs, and then have an automation that creates a Project, and then have automations in the Project db that will create the child Tasks for this Project (instead of creating the Tasks and trying to link them to an as-yet non-existent Project.

1 Like