Bi-directional links slow performance?

Hi guys,

First time poster, and hopefully will jump onto the platform in a more full-time manner. I’m currently experimenting between Fibery and Airtable, so really trying to take in all the pros and cons of both platforms and recognising the strengths and weaknesses of each.

A quick note for the time being: I’ve noticed it does take some time for the bi-directional links to get linked on the “other side”, the other entity, sometimes up to 10 minutes I think in my case. Is this normal behaviour?

1 Like

Hey and Welcome!

I always get a reasonably lag to see my bi-directional references. But once they are there, they update quickly and otherwise seem pretty much real-time - unlike, say, trying to load pages in Notion, haha!

Have not had it ever take 10 minutes though.

Hope that’s helpful to you. Fibery v. Airtable is a good comparison. A lot of good Work Management stuff here, although a long way to go still in Fibery. But if that’s your use case, I think Fibery does more already than AirTable can for stuff like tracking Software Development, Product Management, even CRM, Team Tasks, etc.

2 Likes

Hi, usually it takes 3-10 seconds. We will check what is going on here.

Sounds good. It became ok in the morning and now facing the same issue. Makes me worried it’ll never show up.

Thanks B_Sp, good to be on-board, I think given all the advantages that Fibery offers (I run a business unit in my corporate gig, so I need to track moving parts and commitments across marketing, program management, ecommerce, operations etc, and how they interact with each other), it’s the solution for me.

Edit: Just to add as B_Sp pointed out, it seems once it gets going, it becomes almost instant and real-time. The first connection, perhaps after a fresh login, takes a while it seems.

1 Like

I’m sure you’ve already seen it, but just in case you hadn’t:

1 Like

Thanks ChrisG, yes I’ve given that a proper read. Thanks for sending it through!

1 Like

I am having this issue for the first time today - taking an extremely long time for references to show up. So I can now say I’ve experienced the very long wait for References to appear.

Thanks!

1 Like

I am checking back in here as in fact today the references have not showed back up, so really taking a while today! Have refreshed multiple times, logged in and out, etc…

1 Like

Hmm, now I’m seeing this too. Seems to be a kind of “progressive” problem, i.e. it’s getting worse, or at least affects everyone? Resource issue server-side?

1 Like

We confirm the problem, looking into it

2 Likes

and @Oshyan, I can confirm I no longer see the problem…

2 Likes