Automation templates and their Step 1 results

Hey there! I’m trying to sort out how to do something seemingly simple, but am having a tough time with the Automation templates.

I’d like to send a single email every morning that lists the Tasks that have a Due Date that = today or tomorrow.

Let’s say I have 3 tasks that are due today or tomorrow. When this automation runs, it fires 3 separate times, meaning that 3 separate emails are sent.

Is it not possible to run my automation, “collect” all 3 tasks into that run, and send a single email that lists all three Tasks?

Unfortunately not, but there are a couple of options:

• you can create a view of the Tasks that are due Today/Tomorrow, and then just check that view every day :wink:
    (if you make it your top Favourite view, it will be the first view you see any time you open Fibery)
  • you can create a db called say Notifications, and have an entity called say Upcoming Tasks, with an auto-relation that ensures the Tasks shortly due are linked. You can then define your automation in the Notification database, and use markdown to include info from the linked Tasks in a notification email

I realise that neither is quite the solution you were after, but I think they are the best options for the time being, sorry

Thanks Chris! Not quite what I was hoping for, but these are some pretty good workarounds. I also realized that we could use a Slack notification instead, and while it fires three separate messages, at least they’re all listed right after one another. Basically accomplishes what I was after…

Your idea about the favorited view spurred me to investigate if anyone had ever suggested the ability to create Dashboard-style views that contain multiple widgets with information like upcoming tasks, capacity, and so on.

Little did I know that this already exists (via Documents), and I’ve somehow completely missed it previously! So now I’m clearing my entire calendar for the day to play with Dashboards :sweat_smile:

Fibery may be one of the “worst” productivity tools for me personally, because I love exploring it much more than I like doing the actual work that I track in it :wink:

Indeed, with a combination of columns, headings and embedded views, it’s possible to make some fairly nice dashboard docs.

Also worth mentioning that the Fibery Inbox itself can in some cases take the place of email/slack notifications.

1 Like

@Chr1sG = :goat: