What is hidden inside here?
- When do you need to Share App?
- What does “Sharing” mean?
- How to Share Workspace (coming soon)
- How to Share App
- What you can’t Share now
- How to stop Sharing
- How to update Template
- How to create a human-friendly Shared App?
- Currently Shared Templates
When do you need to Share App?
Lets just come up with some cases, when App Sharing is cool:
- selfish: when you want to move App from one of your workspaces to another
- friendly: give your friends ready-to-go templates, don’t make them struggle with Fibery alone
- consultancy: create Apps for your customers and partners and show them some real magic
- community: share your Ideas with Fibery Community and get some Ideas for your business. Friendship is magic!
- help: feeling like your structure isn’t perfect? Share your setup and get some advice from our community pro or Fibery buddies!
What does “Sharing” mean?
Well, in Fibery you can share your Apps. App usually represents a process. For example: Software Development, Candidate tracking, Vacation tracking, CRM, etc.
Each App consists of:
- Types (those funny building blocks with unique fields )
- Views (our “windows” to the data )
- Data (a dummy one, or a very private top-secret one!)
Sharing allows other people to get your App (Types/Views/Data) and install it using the automatically generated link.
You can share and import existing apps from one account (workspace) to another. For example, you’ve created a new fancy Meeting app and your friend wants to have the same app. Now you can share the Meeting App and send a link to your friend to install it. Or share it here, in our Community!
How to Share App
To share an app, click on the “Share as a Template” Button
Click it, then choose, which parts of your App you want to Share. Are you ready to show your Data?
Note: Documents, that you’ve created in your App - are Views, not Entities!
Click Generate shareable link button and copy this URL:
What you can’t Share right now?
How to stop Sharing App
- You can Deactivate your Link here:
- You can just delete your App.
Once you delete your App, the sharing link would stop working as well.
How to update the Shared App
If you improve your App structure, add new cool Views, or somehow change it and want everyone to notice that - just Update your Template.
How to create a human-friendly Shared App?
A Read.me document inside an App with explanation of how to use it and how it can work - would definitely help others get your point.
No need to show others sensitive and private information, but empty Views can look depressing…
Add some dummy data, if possible, and make everyone a bit happier
Of course, Views are just the way to visualize Data and there can be no Views in the Shared App at all. But we are creating a human-friendly Template, remember? So let’s add some helpful ones and name it so that it is clear why they are needed at all.
Already Shared Apps
Repeatable Process (coming soon)
Please, share here in the comments which template you are currently lack?
And show your templates in this Category - share your vision and be ready for improvements!