Add comments inline to Activity Stream

Hi guys,

Wanted to add one for your ongoing development of comments and the activity stream also discussed here:

One small piece that is very helpful is when you are reading through the activity stream, including all updated entities, comments, @mentions to you, to be able to quickly respond by adding follow-up comments right inline in this activity area. I’m referring to this modal:

I’d like to congratulate you guys as the UI here is very nice, although I think rather thin on functionality at the moment! But that’s OK, since as with a host of other features I am guessing you will think this is a sensible one, as it’s standard with a lot of other work management apps.

@Shafqat_Ullah curious if you agree this is a pretty fundamental feature to bring in as soon as Michael and team can get to it?

Cheers guys!

1 Like

I think this is an excellent idea and a very important need indeed!

1 Like

Great @Shafqat_Ullah, good to hear from you, thank you for responding! I’m sure the team also is working on this

1 Like

I am just starting to use comments heavily on a new project with a new collaborator, and man, it is not (yet) a great experience, especially with the notifications/activity links! I am definitely in support of this idea here and/or at least the activity link going to the specific comment on the page and opening it so I can see the context and reply. As it is it just takes me to the page and I have to find (among 20+ different comment threads) where that reply is so I can deal with it. Very frustrating.

Correction/update: the links in the Notifications stream don’t work only when you are already on the page being linked to. Which in itself is a highly annoying issue. I’ve filed a bug here: Issues with usability of Notifications for in-line comments

1 Like

I just responded to you over in the other thread, but I have to say in a funny way glad to see you posting about these annoyances - although not glad they are hindering you! We have tons of problems with this. I just onboarded a contractor developer and he simply writes comments in Entities, which he’s used to doing in stuff like Jira, Trello, etc. and does not remember to @mention the supervisor each and every time he posts, otherwise we don’t know he commented. The lack of Activity Stream means you have no place to look to see what has been going in across Fibery, either.

I really hope the team puts Notifications as a higher priority as I really feel deep down that most Product Teams are going to see this as a fundamental missing feature. I know I already got denied in another thread when I tried to push for this and was told “it’s not even in our top 20” but I feel like Michael & co need to step up and invoke some product vision and get this stuff done. I am adamant about this because my team is borderline not able to use Fibery after going “all in” the last 6 months due to these limitations. A real shame as the whole rest of the product is, a we frequently discuss, amazing.

Cheers!

1 Like