What's the best way to go for subtasks?

I completely agree. Fibery’s UX is pretty terrible compared to pretty much all the tools it compares itself against and in my opinion is the biggest reason why it’s flown under the radar in the PM software space for so long.

The complete lack of filter, view and entity layout templates, inability to group lists/grids by custom fields and until a few weeks ago, essentially no user permission structure make it a non-starter for most organizations with multiple teams that work on the same things.

That said, it’s database flexibility, automation options and snappy performance are vastly superior compared to anything else, and assuming Fibery’s estimated timelines are accurate there’s some UX improvements coming soon that should address some big usability pain points like subtasks on list/grid views, custom field grouping and contextual entity layouts

So yeah, you’re not alone in feeling frustrated about how hard Fibery makes it to efficiently display and actually use all of the incredible connected data that it can hold, but I feel the team is listening and improving on those areas so hopefully it should pay off soon.

5 Likes