Webhooks and Formulas

Could someone please give me an example of how to set up webhooks and formulas?

For example, let’s say I have a slack app, which has an incoming webhook facility included. Their webhooks expect a certain json data format per their api, and needs a couple headers set. How do I make that happen in Fibery webhooks?

curl -X POST -H 'Content-type: application/json' --data '{"text":"Hello, World!"}' https://hooks.slack.com/services/TE1231234U/BE1234H18/m1234A1234J1234U1234cLL

Often, webhooks require some API token to work, and, I would rather not store that in the open. Can Fibery be made to store variables for this kind of purpose?

Regarding formulas, what is this feature for, generally speaking? Are they fields that use, like, Targetprocess expressions?

Or, are these simply visible but not finished enough to use…

Hi!
I’m sorry for delayed answer.
Currently webhooks and formula are not finished yet, they are in progress.

WebHooks:
For now webhooks app just sends fibery effects in predefined shape to callback url without requiring any auth assuming that url itsself is a secret.

Example of json body for web hook request which is called with fibery update effect:
{"effect" "fibery.object/update"
 "id"      "7537a430-5832-11e8-bfd3-7f303b2ec6ef",
 "type"   "kanban/feature"
 "values" {"kanban/name" "feature123"}}

There are following effect types:
 "fibery.object/create"
 "fibery.object/update"
 "fibery.object/delete"
 "fibery.object/attach"
 "fibery.object/detach"
 where each has its own data shape and web hooks can receive only these effects.

Formulas:
You can create formulas and attach them to fields, in formula you can calculate simple arithmetic expression referencing fields from the same entity or aggregates for child entities reachable from the target entity filtered by some predicate.

Thanks @shotkin

So for formulas, you’re talking about sum/avg/max/min on some field from child records.

Is the language described somewhere?

@rickcogley So far this is very low-level language that we are not willing to open. We will implement human-friendly version in the next 2-3 months.

2 Likes

Sure thing, @mdubakov. You’ve got plenty to do :slight_smile:

good idea need to be an app that can be easily reconected , reused

@mdubakov there is need also humen friendly , webhook i, url is not one based an api even related that need more json , not user friendly .

1 Like