To be able to use Formula in Automation filters

Some automation actions are based on filters to select the entities to Unlink, for instance the “Unlink entity” action. However, weirdly enough, you cannot use a Formula to fill the filter value. So for instance, if I want to unlink an entity by matching its name with a field from the triggering entity, I cannot do it.
It is even more frustrating knowing you can link or add an entity using Formulas.

1 Like

I would love to see this as well, it would be really helpful for breaking loops when using automations to update certain fields. Also, this should probably be merged with: https://community.fibery.io/t/formulas-in-trigger-filters/3730

I have been working on layering on automations to the Template for date grouping to serve as meeting some of the functionality described in More Flexible Board Columns/Rows. Some updates on the Formulas in Views Filters thread reminded me I should submit this request.

One thing I came across a few times is that I needed to add some conditions to each of the table schemas so that I could check for special conditions where I wanted to actually apply the action. Since the condition I was looking for was more about automation than the data model, I think it would be better to just implement it as a formula if it isn’t needed elsewhere.

Hi team (@Polina_Zenevich, @Chr1sG),

Are there any plans to add this? :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m using Fibery’s work tracking with Day Out and Day In (renamed them so that the database abbreviation is not twice DO) and I would like to automatically send messages to Slack. Your demo does a nice job posting in the morning if somebody is off, or if it is a public holiday.

But, what I would like to do is post:

1. On Monday morning, who is in on what days of the week
  2. At the beginning of a (2–3 week) sprint, if there are public holidays and who is off which days.

The current filter options with dates are limited for this purpose as you can see:

Because of course I want to check for dates within the next week. Which is not “one week from now” but “today or up to 5 days from now” or similar for my sprint. Hence a more formulaic filter would be needed.

Ideally, I would want to be able to use a formula for a filter to do whatever logic I need to tally what to post.

Bonus: Ideally I would want to schedule this automation across different databases in order to compile one single post. I think I already mentioned somewhere that I would love to be able to have a pure automation space (i.e. personal or settings space) where I can configure these kind of database-spanning automations.

Thanks a lot! :heart:

2 Likes