"Rolling Up" all files and/or documents in related entities

I actually love this idea and I think it should probably be turned into a proper Feature Request that can be voted on. I can move it over there for you if you agree.

More thoughts on this: ClickUp has (or is supposed to have) a whole file management area, which can be a very helpful thing. Fibery probably doesn’t want to have a full-featured file storage and management system like GDrive, etc., of course. But nonetheless file storage is an important aspect of many workflows. So files should ultimately be “first class objects” in the sense that they should be individually searchable, filterable, and otherwise addressable in some way (within reasonable limits). They should be attachable to objects, but also have their own identity to some degree. If this were the case you could then do all kinds of things, like making Smart Folders that effectively treat entities and sub-entities like folders and sub-folders of file storage, but ones that have all the rich context and functionality of Fibery entities of course.

Further to that, if you think about the recent Thread View feature, and this feature request: 1 Idea for threads: Thread that pulls comments from multiple entities you could easily imagine a similar feature that operates on Files. And perhaps there are even other types of “objects” that could be operated on in similar ways, with a View type that essentially can collate and display X data from referenced/filtered Entities in a particular way that is most useful to that object type. That’s basically what Thread View is and it’s kind of a brilliant adaptation of existing Fibery features and data. Seeing that concept extended to other things like Files would be excellent, i.e. a Files View that likewise has design, features, and functionality focused on the needs of files - list vs. gallery views (with thumbnails), collapsible folder-subfolder navigation, etc. Perhaps Ability to have all References to an entity and its children in one area could also be implemented in a similar way (depending on the original intent of that feature request, i.e. if it’s supposed to be in an entity or a stand-alone View).

1 Like