Request: đź’° Stripe Integration

I hear you on this, but I think you are possibly overlooking a key aspect of Software Development - often what you think will be simple work does not prove to be and you can go down a road of losing a lot of time on builds if you are not careful. I can’t be sure, and there is merit to what you are saying, but I feel like this Discourse integration actually took a while, and sorry but I don’t see much else released in the last few weeks. My point of view is simply of a user hungry for key features and I’m not seeing them! Only the Fibery team can tell us did it really take just a few hours to integrate Trello, write about it on the Release notes, etc. and the same with Braintree and Jira, etc. And re: Braintree, OK I understand the integration may help them, but can you think of where you’ve heard or read that when you are in Agile mode and releasing features, you should do a feature for your users that is in fact one you are going to take advantage of first and foremost? How does this stuff compare to Phone # Field in terms of complexity? Maybe much simpler in the back end. I would have thought not. We can’t really know. I am mainly concerned with what we can see as users and take advantage of on a daily basis. That is what I’m pretty sure Lean and Agile are about. I need Phone # field and so do a lot of others. I have no use of Discourse or Braintree, and I moved my Jira to free once I started using Fibery because I’m replacing it with Fibery.

Enjoying this “discourse” and thanks for the commentary!

1 Like