Integrating Bank Transactions

I’m wanting to set up Fibery as a bookkeeping system and need it to integrate with my bank (Wise). They have quite a well documented API, so I think it should be possible, and I’m wondering if anyone has done something like this before and has any recommendations / warnings before I get started. Would be happy to share the integration once ready.

(Are there any video tutorials for creating custom integrations, I’m getting quite lost in the documentation)

Thanks!
Ron

3 Likes

We did something like this for ourselves, maybe we can share something, I will ask our devs

6 Likes

That would be neat and useful for us too! Thanks!

I am also considering doing this, though was thinking I might go via a 3rd party service rather than via API (just because I’m not a coder). Would love to see any examples people have made though!

1 Like

I’d love to see what you have to share Michael.

I have consider this, but will the bank allow us to extract transactions from them ?

That depends on the bank. Most people will be able to export csv’s in the Bank Website and then you can import in Fibery.
When I first started my business I used YNAB for managing my business expenses and used the YNAB API to record my transactions in Google Sheets.
Earlier this year I spoke to the founder of Finta and shared that I think Fibery would be a fantastic tool for a future integration! This tool is the best for business transactions in my opinion.

1 Like

I have some updates here :slight_smile:

1. Our bank transactions uploading is a manual action still - exactly because of some internal Bank legal requirements (we are on Cyprus)
  2. It’s possible to do that with tools like Wise, Revolut, or less attentive baks :sweat_smile:
  3. What we can share, is what happens to transactions, once they are in Fibery - it definitely worth attention too
    Our COO made two articles.
2 Likes