[✔️DONE] Suggestions for Intercom Integration

Hi Guys,

I wanted to add in some ideas for what I’m hoping to see for the Intercom integrations. I thought I’d provide this as you had a request in Twitter for the upcoming GitHub integration. This is another important integration for my team:

So here goes!

One reason I am using Fibery is to bring my CRM functionality into my work management tool. I have not had success with Salesforce, Hubspot, etc. and integrating with work that needs to be done around my entire team. So when you guys seemed to move off of the CRM focus (for now only I hope!):

I decided to do even more in Fibery itself to handle my CRM needs. Also, @mdubakov I noticed in your video Fibery on Fibery you seem to have a nice CRM functionality that you built within Fibery.

So I’d like to see the Intercom integration complement as much as possible using Fibery as a CRM to track leads that are coming through Intercom. With that in mind, things like:

• 2 way sync with Intercom tasks and Fibery tasks

• Feature Request tracking: Tie in conversations in Fibery to specific users making the request, by connecting to their entities in Fibery

• Possible creation of new entity in Fibery that’s a CRM record from a new lead that comes in through Intercom.

Also, I think you guys are really focusing on Product Development and feedback loops, lean product mgmt, and other good, modern practices with the Intercom integration, based on what I’ve read in your Medium, Twitter, etc. So I’d love to see big capability here:

• Ability to link Intercom convos into Fibery entities of “Feature Requests” that in turn can link to planned Features in a Prod. Dev. App

• Create Feature Requests from Intercom conversations.

Some of the Product Management apps out there, like ProductBoard, have integrations with Intercom that are geared towards this capability.

I hope that all makes sense, and eager to see the Integration when you guys get to it! If you are tracking, I would vote to get GitHub done first, then Intercom. I need both, but I need GitHub more :slight_smile:

Did you mange to bring tagged conversations to Fibery? Intercom trigger “Tagged conversation” doesn’t even provide the tag used… so not sure how to add feature requests conversation to Fibery.

My goal is simple: when I tag a message in Intercom with “feature request” tag create a new entity on Fiber, but seems that’s not possible (probably Intercom’s fault though) because the trigger fields doesn’t give me that tag used so it’s useless.

Hey, are you referring to the Zapier integration? For now, I’ve done nothing with Intercom as I’m holding out for the native integration that the Fibery team is working on.

That’s interesting though, as it sounds like you are already integrating with Zapier or perhaps some other Middleware? I may try to get started in that case prior to the release of the Native integration…

Yes, using Zapier. I managed to add conversations to Fibery when they get tagged on Intercom but can’t get what tags are used.

OK Jean, thanks for the clarification. We just got an update that Intecom is coming soon, so I’ll be waiting for the native integration.

What do you think of these suggestions by the way? Looking for some support of getting this stuff into the build!

I managed to get it working using Intercom webhooks instead of built-in Zapier triggers (Zapier trigger I wanted that triggers when a tag is assigned to a message is incomplete and guys from Intercom know that - they said they can’t do anything because their Zapier integration is handled by Zapier not them).

However I ended up using Integromat because Zapier ended up getting expensive since Fibery requires to do extra calls to find the fibery id for any relationship you want to build.

I ended up with a scenario like this in Integromat:

Webhook from Intercom > finds the fibery id of Tag entity > processes the Intercom conversation text(trims it if it’s too long and parses html) > checks if the person I’m talking to is a user or a lead in Intercom > finds the fibery id of the company entity based on the user > creates the conversation using Fibery API

Took a while to set this up, but works nicely. I have a Conversation entity with Tags and Company relationships. If I tag a conversation “feature” in Intercom will appear on Fibery as a new Conversation with “Feature” tag and related to the company of the user who send the message. Company is another entity where I keep my customers.

Initially new conversations are “Not reviewed”, after I have a bunch, I look over them and I either create or link to a product issue entity, new feature/story entity, bug entity etc. Once it’s done I mark it as “Reviewed”

Hey, great very nice! I will keep this in mind if I get around to needing a connection with Intercom before the integration comes out.

Looks like you also have some nice automations in there as well, which is another intriguing piece. Can’t wait for those in Fibery as well!

Cheers!

Intercom integration will work this way:

1. There will be separate Intercom App in Fibery and it will have the following structure
    Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 18.05.13 (1)
  2. There will be 1-way sync from Intercom to Fibery.
  3. Fibery will sync ALL charts, companies and users from Intercom into the App
  4. You will be able to review chats, highlight important parts and link/create this text to Feature Requests, Features, etc.

Later we will provide an option to automatically link Chats to your Leads/Accounts based on some rules.

2 Likes

Thanks Michael, sounds very useful can’t wait to see it!

Yasss! Amazing.

Intercom integration is implemented https://help.fibery.io/en/articles/4539572-intercom-integration