References to Views as a way to emulate Embedded Db's in Notion

I hate to say it, but in another example of disorganization here in Discourse, I realized that what we are talking about a bit is already discussed here:

The history of the Type changes looks like it’s planned. However, I’d like to be able to see that right on a Type, so I can see - on the level of the Type - all the changes that have been done. @Chr1sG when you say:

I have noticed that the entity activity history includes entries relating to changes to the type (as well as changes to the entity content of course).

Could you point out where you can see in the existing Activity Log changes to the actual Type? For example, if you add something to a dropdown?

Ultimately I still feel a big need to simply be able to go to a View, Type, or even App, and look at its changes right on that level. And also comment about what you are doing. In a sense you can do this in Notion or Coda, because they embed views, and Types for that matter via individual tables, within pages that you can comment on. Fibery’s fundamental structure is better in that it distinguishes among these items and makes them distinct, but until we can do basic things around ALL the items in Fibery (docs and Whiteboards included), like reference, comment, have history, etc. we are not really where we need to be, I think.

Thanks again!

1 Like