Pricing changes

Unless I’m misunderstanding, the free plan will remain for those who are already on it, but no new free users will be possible? If so that’s a dramatic turn away from what I hoped would be Fibery’s direction for growth. I certainly understand it, very much so, in fact I mentioned previously that the existing feedback-to-dev management solutions were just not good enough and it could be an opportunity for Fibery. But as a solo user and one who has been quite interested in PKM Fibery uses and a Notion-like approach to growth (which, you know, has worked out pretty frickin’ well for them), it’s definitely sad to see.

I know Fibery needs to find its niche to succeed. Where my personal use of Fibery and my general work overall (as a consultant) are currently at, this direction is far less interesting to me. But 2 years ago I would have been thrilled since I was working with more software teams who needed this kind of thing and were not really happy with the features and/or pricing of Productboard, Canny, etc.

That said I really hope that once Fibery finds PMF it will re-expand its target user(s)/market, i.e. find the effective way to advertise what Fibery really can do in all its diversity and power. It would be a shame to see Fibery’s incredible capabilities relegated to just one very useful case that is still just a fraction of the Total Addressable Market for no-code. And I still hope for a PKM option one day, too.

Above all I do wish the team the best of luck on this new focus. It’s past time the paying user numbers reflected the brilliant work that has been done here for years. I continue to be baffled as to why Fibery isn’t at least a part of so many conversations around other tools in the space, which often include even very new tools (like Linear), or ones that have had big missteps recently like the ClickUp 3.0 delays. Something isn’t right in the fact that there wasn’t a big influx of their customers within the past year (or at least many of them showing up to ask questions).

2 Likes