November 24, 2022 / Embed Forms, Collapse Fields on Entity View

:jigsaw: Embed Forms

Now you can embed a Form View into your website. Click Share, copy the Embed Form code and insert it into your gorgeous website page.

:arrow_forward: Collapse Fields on Entity View

collapse-fields-entity-view

Collapse Fields you rarely use to reduce visual clutter and speed up loading. Or temporarily collapse Description so your long specs donā€™t get in the way while you are grooming the backlog.

This affects only you, and applies to all Entities of the same Database ā€” for example, for all Features or Sprints.

:lady_beetle: Whiteboard Quality

Whiteboard View has not been a prime example of polished functionality. This week weā€™ve given it some love, we hope youā€™ll notice:

• Whiteboards works incorrectly with non-100% browser zoom
  • 35% zoom blocks the page
  • Object settings panel overlaps the bottom point
  • Attempts to remove wrong child (?, see inside)
  • Oops error on whiteboard if click on the Star shape
  • Canā€™t click at the needed point at the screen
  • Canā€™t delete the line
  • [Firefox] Text wrapping doesnā€™t work in Text, Shape, Sticky Note components on whiteboard
  • Itā€™s not evident that frames title is editable
  • Frame title overlaps the frame if it has more than one row
  • New object is not automatically created when dragging a line from an object in a frame
  • Bring Forward and Send Backward options stop working for Frames
  • The right-leaning parallelogram in the Whiteboard toolbar currently has a hexagonal icon
  • Canvas: text block somehow breaks everything
  • Cursor seems to be offset in space when click on things
  • The select is not where it should be when working with frames

:shrimp: 7 Fixed Bugs

• Decrease height of empty rich-text Comment
  • Color border for should be only for Form view
  • Create Entity Buttons donā€™t take Let non-Creators add new options checkbox into account for Single/Multi selects
  • Shared entity view: ā€˜Nullā€™ is displayed in tooltip for ā€˜Untitledā€™ value
  • Context does not apply to entities in the table if they were added via copy-paste
  • Lookup does not get restored after undeleting database
  • Board: problem when select axis of same type but different arity
5 Likes

:heart_eyes: Iā€™m excited to see some good work here on polish! There is tremendous potential in the whiteboard, far beyond Miro and others in utility and data interaction due to Fiberyā€™s interconnection (e.g. mindmapping, flow diagrams, etc. that all have functional meaning). But itā€™s often so painful to work with Whiteboard in its present state that I seldom bother. I would love to see it continue to get some attention regularly, even if only for polish. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My family at (American) Thanksgiving dinner later today: ā€œso ESGDataBoi, what are you thankful for?ā€

Me: ā€œDope Fibery Whiteboard QOL updatesā€

Family: ā€œā€¦ā€

6 Likes

Love the fact we the click area to collapse was not restricted to the tiny collapse arrows, and that is easy to identify the collapsed fields (=the fields that has the collapse arrows visible).

Now I can collapse that big spec and reach the rest of the fields, when I need. And I can collapse our rich text field ā€œNotes for editorsā€ on wiki pages, previously awkwardly showing up on each page :grin:. Since they are only relevant in some cases, such as when making edits, not the majority of the time the users spends reading.

I have two follow-up requests related to the collapsed fields:

And

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Some Whiteboard Ideas

@YvetteLans did you know already you can embed a form view? Probably great for an Intake form or things like that.

1 Like

Yes :heart_eyes: Thatā€™s why I secretly already created our feedback form in Fibery :smirk::smirk:

1 Like