New Extension type - Checklists

Hmm, I’m still not clear on why this is better than sub-tasks, or at least enough of an improvement to justify the added UI/UX complexity. Is it just that sub-tasks seems “heavier”?

Right now nothing can “contribute” to done status of another entity, but Automations may allow sub-tasks to affect parent task completion state in the future.

In any case perhaps Fibery team sees the benefit even if I don’t. In the meantime you could consider using in-line @mentions for assignment of checklists already. That takes care of done/not done and assignee, then you just need date for a basic feature set.

I’d love it if Fibery allowed in-line dates with reminders too, like Notion and Quip. That’d solve your date issue then. Speaking of which, I’ve just added a feature request for this: Ability to add in-line dates w/notifications (rich text, documents, comments)

Which raises the question: what if you can get 90% of the functionality you’re talking about here (as outlined above), but using features that are separately usable, rather than dedicated checklist functionality? Would that be good enough for your need?

1 Like