[IN DEV] Entity-level permissions

Michael, it was good to hear from you re: permissions, would be curious if you could shed any light on whether you guys will also be looking at Type-level:

Many of the tools I’ve used have nice ways to handle these levels of permissions. One of my favorite, which is central in Wrike, and Asana, and ClickUp - who I might loosely consider a similar “triumvirate” of “Task Managers” like Airtable/Coda/Notion is within the “nocode” sub-space, all do this:

• If you @mention a user within a comment stream, they get added just to that particular task

• You can “share” lists/folders/projects to a particular group.

So in the case of Fibery, I think you have a great chance with your existing hierarchy to do a similar approach that would be very familiar to those coming in from these tools - and perhaps others who handle things similarly like Hive, Monday, Teamwork Projects, etc.

So in Fibery this would work out as:

• You can access particular users to a Type, much as you do now with a whole App

• via mentioning a user, they get access to an individual Entity only.

The addition of the Type-level permission makes it easier to break down groups of Entities within an App. I have this need in Task Management I am running in Fibery, where I have groups of Tasks in Types that I’d like to have only certain users see, and not the whole App’s worth of Types.

Hope that’s useful and curious to see how you guys will solve this!

1 Like