Ideally I want to be able to move an entity from one database to another database. So that all references remains the same.
Since that is not possible, I’m trying to find the best way to ‘auto convert’ one entity into another entity.
- My clients ‘dump’ their head into their Second brain.
- Sometimes it’s a task, sometimes it’s a note, sometimes it’s something else
If they need to convert each item, they need to:
- Find the right database. We have a lot databases. And since they normally don’t see databases, that can be overwhelming
- Then afterwards delete the ‘original’ entity → that’s the most annoying thing I want to solve
So ideally I create buttons to ‘auto convert’ one entity to another. For example buttons to convert:
- A note into a task
- A task into a project (because it’s too big)
In that way the user only needs to click the button which saves a lot of time.
Creating a new entity and deleting the old one is not a problem. But what is the best way to get the rich text field (usually description) from the original entity into the new entity? And will images still be available?