Hierarchical / Cascading rows

Hi,

It would be nice to be able to have 2 levels of rows. For instance, if I have :

• a type called EPICS
  • which “contains” a type called STORIES, meaning there is a relation between them
  • which “contains” a type called TASKS
    => it would be great to be able to see, on a single board, EPICS as rows, wich contain the STORIES as other rows, and finally the STORIES displayed as cards.

Of course it would be possible only if the second level (STORIES) can only be related to a single item of the first level (EPIC).

This is just an example but I have at least 3 apps in which I could use such a feature already.
Of course the same logic could apply to column but it would be less friendly in terms of UI I guess.

Thank you,
Xavier

3 Likes

Agree with this, very curious about how you guys plan to implement hierarchies it’s one of the things I am most eagerly waiting on!

Yes, please :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi!
We have Hierarchical Views in plans (home start implementation soon!)

There is a workaround for now - to use grouping in the Chart Tables. Then it will look like this

1 Like

Thanks Polina. To clarify, this is a screenshot from something you set up in the Charts/Vizidrop feature? Not in Boards or another View?

Thanks!

Hi Mickaël,

I’m still voting for this feature, because I meant it for the Board view actually
=> this is where I would find it really useful to have multiple levels of rows, especially when presenting a topic to someone
=> because on boards you also have columns, so this multiplies the possibilities

If I take again the example of my first post for instance : I could drill down from EPICS to STORIES to TASKS, but with TASKS Statuses as columns. This would help remind the context of tasks.

Thank you