General Feedback Request on Entity Scheduling and Dependencies

I’m also trying to get some basic dependency handling in Fibery.

Would be curious for any input from @mdubakov or team about potentially using buttons & formulas to accomplish this while we are waiting for development of greater handling of this need?

• Can I use a button to inform the assignee of a dependent task entity that the predecessor is done, and work can start on the “dependent” task?

So here, say I have an entity “tasks”:

• I create a one-to-one relationship between tasks, call it “dependent” and “predecessor”
  • I’d like the button, when clicked, to move the “dependent” to a state of my choosing, say from “waiting” to “to do,”
  • I’d like to inform the assignee via notification that the predecessor is complete and work can be started on this dependency
  • I’d like to set up a “start date” field in the dependent task, and have that filled on the moment this button is pushed
  • I’d like to write into the comment field, perhaps via API, that the task was started because the predecessor was completed

As far as linking subsequent dependencies, I realize that might be hard via the one action between just these two dependent tasks. But since the tasks down the line are going to be still waiting, if I could keep this process going say in a string of 7 - 8 tasks, we’d have some “just in time” movement of the tasks, which I think would be OK for my need for now.

Another thing I’d like to do ideally right now is have all these tasks in another Entity called “Project” with a date field called “anticipated completion date.” If that field could rollup dates from the tasks within, that would be very useful right now, too,

Thanks!