[✔︎ FIXED] Relation to a different type with the same name

Hi.

I created two custom apps — iOS and Android. Each has type “Task”. Each type has relation to user. I can create relation iOS:Task->Fibery:User, but when I try to create relation Android:Task->Fibery:User it shows an error of Cannot create null attribute. Attribute :user/bugs for type :fibery/user already exists. Probably same type name in different apps is the cause.

3 Likes

May be we don’t understand this as a bug, but a poka-yoke-feature! I think you do not need to create a copy of App with the same structure. But i know that Fibery still have feature whitch to set diffrent user read-permissions by filter, for example, by departaments “ios” or “android”. Dear developers, we waiting to this feature very hard!

Could you clarify what case want need to support?

But i know that Fibery still have feature whitch to set diffrent user read-permissions by filter, for example, by departaments “ios” or “android”. Dear developers, we waiting to this feature very hard!

Michael, if you ask question about it, i was mean than we need hide some entites not only by type (for example, our customer will can view only User Stories, not Tasks), but also by field value, (for example, we have three customers (entity type “Customer”, and relations on task to it), and we want to share with each customer a View only of their tasks.

Long formulated, thank you for reading )

I got it, we call it Entity permissions. We are not going to release this feature till November, but then we will get feedback after public release and set our priorities.

1 Like

Would you already planned both of features in Entity permissions, which i describe (permission by type and permission for view entites by value of relation field)?

@dimka This bug was already fixed

1 Like