🔮 Fibery roadmap for July-Dec 2023 + previous roadmap reflection

That’s great news and massive thanks to the whole team working on releasing improvements regularly and tirelessly❣️

Besides the FRQs filed and that I’ll keep filing, our take on the plans for the next 2 quarters:

1. Permission improvements: YES, PLEASE. Currently, the solution is workable, but it’s cumbersome for me to know who has access to what and what they can do:
    1. The names and descriptions are confusing: What can Editors and Contributors do and what not? What if a document is in a space and embeds a view from another space of a database in a third space, what rights apply? It should be possible to see on each view (page, document, etc.) who can do what. Being able to add and edit entities in a database, but not change the database structure is crucial for collaboration. Is that an Editor or Collaborator?
    2. Space-based access rights make sense for entities, but for a Wiki it’s confusing. I would want people to be able to add sub-pages somewhere
    3. Hope this entails a “non-admin” mode for admins and/or the option to view Fibery as a different user for admins.
  2. Table improvements: Yes please, especially the basic embedded tables in documents.
  3. Better Notion and Confluence import would be something that many of us might rarely use, but would be used at least once per switch, and in that case is crucial. We have a few knowledge bases we need to migrate from both Notion and Confluence. So yes, please, to proper import.
  4. Whiteboard: It seems to have got more stable already, so that is good. I take it can be a bottomless pit to invest effort to try to match Whimsical or Miro. To us, it is a crucial unique selling point of Fibery that we can have whiteboards that display our entities in there. What I can see would be good to have improved:
    1. Placement and re-arrangement relics when moving things. Especially lines seem a little susceptive to that, which means that things like “zoom into view”, which is super useful, sometimes breaks because of some random offshoot
    2. Allowing the perpendicular lines to be dragged so that in more complex flow charts they do not just line up anywhere.
    3. More flexibility with entity embed. Most notably: a) Ability to hide labels and b) Ability to show a full one-line text field: Many times what we need is just the a) name, b) summary and some c) tags. You’ve cleaned the Kanban cards, similar clean-up for the Whiteboard cards would be great. And when you’re at it, can you allow for #2 in Kanban boards as well, so that we can show a full summary?
  5. Improved comments and notifications as well as added polish: Yes, great, thanks!
  6. Collect feedback, work with insights, etc. catching up with Dovetail and co. is in our opinion, not crucial at all right now as we find it’s outside of Fibery’s core selling point. of course it would be nice for some to be able to replace those tools, but this may just lead to featuritis, while a lot of your core functionality still needs a lot of love to be able to compete on par with Notion, Confluence+JIRA, Trello, Asana in terms of polish as well as power. We would much rather have more power with automations, integrations and the things you listed above than adding another full product feature set badly (because if your team can catch up with those tools in half a year while doing all the other things too, what have they been doing?). I guess you could get 80% there, but so many places Fibery feels 80% there, that it’s still a tool for tinkerers and a hard sell. → so, please, rather focus on things closer to your centre of gravity.

Again, thanks for all the hard work you all are putting into this. Hope you don’t mind our candid feedback. :slight_smile:

2 Likes