[DONE] Publish Fibery Space to the Web

This sounds like a big system to develop (allowing people to “sign up”, etc. in particular), so while I could definitely see some significant possible value, I would also not want to see it detract much from other long-standing requests, as @B_Sp notes. That said I am not sure that it is so much work, and I am curious why you are proposing it. Perhaps because you have realized it could be done fairly easily and may be of good value for your users.

My use case seems like a pretty classic software dev team one, where change log and docs would be a great start, but overall feedback management (let’s set aside “replacing the forums” in entirety for the moment), feature requests and bug reports in particular, would make it especially appealing. To do that it would need to allow for front-end submission (new entity, e.g. feature request), potentially an approval queue (front-end submissions should not necessarily just show up publicly right away), and a way for people to react/vote on and ideally comment on things. If these features could be enabled on a per-“type” basis (e.g. reactions enabled for Docs or Change Logs, but no comments, comments and reactions enabled for feature requests, etc.), the that would be ideal.

As I touched on at the beginning, what I find surprising about much of what is suggested here in the original proposal is that it clearly encompasses e.g. Native Forms & Conditional Workflows using Tripetto SDK, at least in part, or Form View and required fields. Yet that received only cautious confirmation for some unspecified future time from Fibery team to-date. Assuming that this overall feature set outlined above would require a lot of work above and beyond that, it seems like a bit of a departure from core focus, despite its potential utility to many teams…

So I am curious to hear from @mdubakov to clarify the potential dev time on this. Maybe I have assumed too pessimistically.

1 Like