[DONE] Multi-panel context-preserving navigation

Nice to see this! Not sure if feedback is welcome at this stage, and of course without using this I’m making some assumptions based on what I see. But for what it’s worth, I have two concerns based on this mockup (and apologies if I’m jumping the gun :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:).

First, it appears that non-Rich Text fields are all at the top of the layout in this view. This is Notion-like and sucks terribly. :laughing: If we can still rearrange stuff then it’s probably fine, but that raises the question of whether we have to then create layouts for each possible view of an entity. I realize that this is probably just 1 possible way of viewing entities, and maybe it’s just a matter of the mocked-up fields here happening to lead with State. But I’ll point out that in the default Entity views currently, the first field is Rich Text. And there is already an existing model for how to “collapse” that into a single column decently, which is the Sidebar view. I’m not saying it’s perfect, but it feels like a better approach than what I think I am seeing here.

Second, the “Show more fields” thing… I am hoping this is indicating a future function for selecting a subset of Fields to show by default and hiding the rest (i.e. lesser-used), in which case this is probably fine. But at the same time I’ve found it extremely frustrating to deal with default-collapsed fields, e.g. empty fields, in both ClickUp and Airtable recently. There is definitely a place for this kind of approach, but it needs a good amount of user control IMO. I do trust that Fibery team, with its approach thus far, will balance this better than ClickUp and Airtable, but I thought I’d mention that it did give me an initial “oh no!” reaction. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes