Dec 21, 2023 / ๐ŸŽ„ Show Rich text field snippet in views, All comments in one right panel (experimental), Set initial field values via URL parameter on Form View

The comments panel + resolved comments unlocks SO MANY collaboration possibilities for us :heart_eyes:

Thanks so much for all the hard work :pray: !!
Happy โ€“ more than deserved โ€“ Holidays to the Fibery team!

6 Likes

Always showing the original field name will also solve this โ€˜bugโ€™

• If you combine multiple databases in a grid view the field names need to be exactly the same
  • The new rich text snippet (which is awesome!) causes 2 columns due to the different field name

This is an amazing release guys, thank you! In particular, seeing Rich text in tables (and Iโ€™m really eager for this enhancement, too!):โ€ฆ

as well as relations in whiteboard are some of my most eagerly-awaited improvements since I jumped into Fibery with all its promise back in 2019 and gave up on the Codaโ€™s, Notionโ€™s, and Airtableโ€™s of the world. These are 2 huge features, in particular the rich text being visible in tables, that give Fibery an edge on those guys. The relations in Whiteboards has always been for me an absolute fundamental in trying to get use out of the Whiteboard, and something I have looked at forever in other apps like LucidChart, even Aha! which has a similar auto-generating diagram feature but very primitive.

You have realized basically some of my older requests around Whiteboards (3+ years, some other vets around here like @cannibalflea have also been talking about this for a long, long time) such s this one:

Great work guys and kudos to you for the motif of your December โ€œwork on what you want toโ€ approach, wound up being one of your most productive months ever!

2 Likes

Could I humbly request that the number of characters that gets displayed in a rich text snippet be something that is customizable?

In some cases, 400 is good, but in others, only 100 or 200 is sufficient and would greatly help with using up less space.

Iโ€™m using them to display the content of email messages on a board, but it makes it so I can only see 1-2 cards at a time even on the โ€œsmallโ€ setting, because of all the empty space/characters in the message. Or maybe the cards could have a max height that would disregard the number of characters.

1 Like

In the next release number of displayed characters will vary based on card size.

2 Likes

Done Jan 11, 2024 / Chatbots (experimental), Filter by Rich Text snippets in Views, shorter trial & no free version

2 Likes

The rich text field snippet is not dynamically updated in a displayed table view, when the rich text field of a listed entity changes. It will return an empty space when new entities join the view dynamically. This is counter intuitive, because new entities show up dynamically in a view except from its RT snippet.

1 Like

Currently this is only in Views. Could this be added to entity pages as well?