Christmas is coming and Slow December is approaching its end, but this release is densely packed with new features and improvements. Some of these features are unexpected even by our team, but I hope you will find them useful.
Rich text fields are supported on the board, table, list, and canvas view. There is a special
Rich Edit Field Name (Snippet) unit that you can select. This snippet shows first 400 characters of the rich edit field.
In Table View it is shown as a single line so far. We will add multi-line support somewhere in January.
In Canvas View it works quite nice already.
- Rich Text Snippet is not-editable (and we don’t have plans to make it editable).
- It is not possible to filter by Rich Text Snippets (so far).
We’ve rolled out a feature that lets you provide initial values in URL parameters for the Form View. You can use it to pre-fill parts of forms or connect created entities to existing stuff. It’s currently only functional for public forms.
Add required values in the URL after the
? symbol as query parameters, here is the format
and here is an example:
Now you can see all relations between entities. Click top right menu expander and select
Show entities links option.
Important notice about relations creation. Now you should hold
Shift when you drag a connector to create a relation. By default usual connector is created and it does not affect database structure.
We have introduced the new right panel that addresses several issues with comments in Fibery:
- Reviewing all comments in a document was relatively difficult, as it required clicking on every comment icon and was slow. The new right panel displays all inline comments, allowing you to read them, jump to a position in the document, reply, and resolve comments.
- Resolved comments can be found in the Resolved tab.
- In the entity view, the comments panel displays all inline comments from all rich text fields, as well as entity-level comments.
This feature is still experimental, since we need to polish design and add improvements based in your feedback (do share it!). You may enable it in
Settings → Experimental Lab.
Now you can visualize numeric values as progress bar in Views. It works only for percentage field type. For example, if you have a field
Completion, you will see
Completion (progress bar) unit in View setup. The field is fully editable.
Numeric values of selects we not accessible in Reports, but no more. Now you can create reports and use numeric values that you set in select fields. For example, you have a Story Database with
Effort single-select Field and
Effort Field has three options (“XS” →
1 “S” →
2 “M” →
5). When creating a Report for Story Database, both
Effort (text) and
Effort Value (number) fields are present now.
You can now open Fibery search directly from your browser search bar. This feature works best in Firefox, and requires a few more manual steps to setup in Chrome. Just open any fibery page, and if your browser supports that feature, it will suggest to add Fibery as a search engine.
To setup in Chrome:
- Open any fibery page at least once after release
- Go to chrome settings → Search engine → Manage search engines and site search
- Scroll to the end of the page, and click Activate near the row with the right fibery workspace!
- Click Edit on the new entry and change a shortcut to something you can easily remember, like
Done! Now, when you type
@fibery some cool bug in the search bar, chrome will suggest to open fibery search right away
- The plain text field is wrapped on the board view now.
- Some design improvements here and there
- Missing ‘on hover’ state in Automation lists
- Selecting multiple rows in Grid View via Shift+click doesn’t work from bottom to top
- Double pop-ups on edit field when there is column-units ( count, snippet) for the same field in table
- A long workspace name isn’t truncating with ellipsis and the caret down icon is hidden because of not enough space
- Error in attempt to create entity from text in document
- Error on add/editing fields if database has relation with undirect context filter
- Wrong view displayed for user after he adds it to favourites , edits view title , removes from fav and adds back
- Missing ‘on hover’ state in Automations-> Users list