Custom HTML PDF

Is there any way to generate a custom HTML PDF from a fibery database record?

3 Likes

As far as I know, Fibery doesn’t support custom templates (based on an html/css format). This has been on my wish list for a while now and hoping one day it would be possible (see PDF export of documents).

I can imagine that the Fibery team would want to have a no-code template system, but having an html based system (a la pdfmonkey.io) would be sufficient for most fibery power users who otherwise have to go through the trouble of creating automations to generate pdfs externally.

In any cased, I’ve provided an example of how I use pdfmonkey in that thread in case it is helpful.

2 Likes

Thanks this could work!

@danielbmarsh thought I should mention that there has been some movement on this with the Oct 5 release:

I’ve done some testing and ported a few templates from pdfmonkey over. Things seem to be working quite well since you are also still able to make use of javascript code blocks which opens up all sorts of interesting things including running graphql queries to fill-in related information.

There are still a few areas for improvement, but this is still quite a great leap forward.

2 Likes