Bi-directional integrations/sync

@Chr1sG it is not about migrating or replicating other tools in any way.

It is about having a single workspace for users where they can use all of the strengths of Fibery and use and update some legacy data in one place (the Fibery workspace). We are talking about data that will never be migrated, but may be used inside Fibery.

The Integrations API is so close! Just adding an update to it will allow devs to do with it whatever their use case requires. Please don’t dismiss this so easily - it will be a huge feature and I think it is worth discussing.

@Chr1sG I’m happy to take the discussion offline if you want to drop me an email, but I really think extending the Integrations API is the right play here.

Maybe we misunderstand each other.
I get that this request is about using and updating data in Fibery (without migrating) but the point is that Fibery is not currently aiming to serve the users who have this very broad need.

@Chr1sG all we are trying to do is what the Fibery home page promises:

All under “one roof”:

1. New flexible workflows; and
  2. Legacy data that needs to be maintained.

I think the intention of the ‘under one roof’ is to imply that you don’t need to maintain multiple tools and that ‘everything’* lives in Fibery, not that Fibery aggregates all your data in existing/legacy tools.
*Everything = everything a product manager might need.
If there are product management processes that are not currently served well in Fibery, then we will try to add features so that they are.

Anyways, I’m merely trying to set expectations for users in the community, and it’s just not likely that we will devote significant effort to improvements to the API.

I think we touch upon Fibery’s long term product goals and strategies, and a tension where Fibery does not yet have a platform or process for users to have overview, insight or organized and structural input in such high level goals and strategies, or at least high potential or high risk feature development.

For that reason I see users limit their feedback to more cosmetic changes, because these are more likely taken into consideration. This is a common dynamic in growing businesses where resources are limited and taking up on a big feature can actually be a vital mistake.

I think the least resource intensive step here is that a dedicated space and processes are created (not just a forum category) to make better use of senior/experienced Fibery users that may colleborate together to improve collective intelligence of the Fibery developer/user ecosystem. This will keep such users engaged and contribute as part of the collective intelligence of the Fibery development ecosystem.

The quesion is who is willing to initiate this, since at least one or a few people need to feel called to put effort in kickstarting a Fibery community ecosystem that does not drain, but actually supports the core team in insight and work.

1 Like

For those who wish to have fibery → calendar sync, I’ve created a tool which can serve a fibery calendar as an ICS file!

Now you can use Fibery as the source for your calendar data!

1 Like