Beta testers wanted

https://the.fibery.io/@public/User_Guide/Guide/Relations-17#Guide/Set-relations-automatically-aka-auto-linking-50

1 Like

@Chr1sG Is it possible to disable the relative naming (i.e. “this year”, “next quarter”, etc.) or have that stored in a separate field? In one of my applications, this isn’t very helpful and takes up space.

I wouldn’t want to put it in another field, because I think it is really useful to be able to start typing ‘this …’ and limit results, when picking a period.
However, it would definitely be possible to add a checkbox option that allows users to enable/disable these semantic phrases (as part of the configuration).
Can’t promise when I’ll make that change though (I’m on vacation at the moment!)

1 Like

agree with that. I 'm heavy on daily note, so searching those keywords’s really useful for me.

If you mean you wanna set relation automation, then each database you can create a formula fields to subtract those keywords (today, this week, this year …)

Yes, that is what I’m doing (using string extraction functions).

Thought it might be good to have an option for this might be useful in some cases. But nothing important to take @Chr1sG away from his vacation :slight_smile:

@Chr1sG I’m stuck in set multi relations to those periodic,
In my case, I got a Periodic Database includes Daily note, Week note, Month Note: Ex: 2023-07-31,| July 2023 | July W23
In other database, example: transaction database, i got a transaction with Date field 2023-07-31
Which setup field condition should i defines to auto link both Daily note, week note and month note above
it’s not only autolinking daily note only, I wanna set auto link both 2023-07-31,| July 2023 | July W23 to that transaction so that i can summarize it at the end of the week or month

Sorry, not sure I fully understand what you’re trying to achieve, and what you have done so far.

You have a transaction db, and each entity has a date.
You have synced the period integration database (with days, weeks and months enabled).

You want to create a relation to automatically connect a transaction to every period it falls in, is that correct?

What do you need to do with this relationship?
Do you need to see all transactions for a given period (day, week, or month)?
What’s the ultimate goal?

1 Like

that’s exactly i wanna do, Each transaction link to every period entities (days, weeks, months, year). I tracking those transactions by days, and at the end of the week, I just click to each week entities to summarize all things, include interactions, transactions, even reading things

I mean, I have a lot of database link to those periodic (Those periodic entities takes an really important for me, as an center for me to review each weekend or at the end of the month): includes: transactions, Insights created, hub created, wanna read later, changelog, task created, interactions, meeting… and i dont wanna to create too much formula for each database to just lookup values. I just need some how can trigger set relations for multi type of periođ integrateion database as you describe @Chr1sG

Well, my suggestion would be to auto-link the transaction to a day period, by setting the auto relations as follows:

• create a ‘Date + 1’ formula field in the Transaction db
  • make an autorelation to link the Transaction to the day period

You’ll have a corresponding field in the Period db
  • in the Period db use a lookup to get Transactions that fall within a given period
  • (optionally) use a lookup in the Transaction db to get other periods related to the Transaction

Now, when you look at a week or a month, you’ll be able to see which transactions there are belonging to the days that are in that week/month
firefox_tM1ko6k1ey

Is this getting anywhere close to what you need?

1 Like

Nope, that’s not close to what I need, as I describe above, I dont wanna to create lookup option to seperate those periodic type, i wanna to auto link relation in just 1 relation field like this
I tried to define some kind of formula that can show relation in periodic database by filtering start dates but seem not work. In the sample above, it can only work for Monday only ⇄ 1st day of week

So you want a single relation that auto links based on the conditions
Transaction date >= Period start date
Transaction date <= Period end date

At the moment, auto-relations can only link based on = condition, so this isn’t possible.

You can do something close with automations - use an action to link a Transaction to all the relevant Periods, based on an ‘entity query’
The field will not be read-only though, so if you think a user might ‘fiddle’ with the values, you could create a read-only version (using a formula) and hide the editable version on the UI.

Can you explain more about this " You can do something close with automations - use an action to link a Transaction to all the relevant Periods". I think this may be my solution, but i cant understand clearly when reading your suggesting article.
Those setting’s really important for me to implement Bullet Journal method. and i need to find a simply way to setup to those work for multi database, not just 1

I can explain, but I’ll say up front that any automation is per database, so the following would need replicating for all databases linked to the period db for which you want this behaviour.

Create a ‘manual’ (many-to-many) relation between Transaction and Period DBs

Create an automation as shown below

The formula is this:

Periods.Filter(
  [Step 1 Transaction].Date >= Dates.Start() and
    [Step 1 Transaction].Date <= Dates.End()
)

If you’re worried about users fiddling, then create a read-only versions of the relation fields as needed:

Now, the linked Periods will update when the Transaction date is set/updated:
firefox_tca6ZTmIsI

2 Likes

Oh, and by the way, the custom app I created will probably stop working tomorrow :grimacing:

omg, it work, really really thank you so much

wait, I’m still cheering with those results above, may i ask why ? those custom app things (periodic things) as i said above meaningful to much for me and in my bullet journal a lot

The custom app was an experiment to collect feedback on use cases.
We don’t have the resources to formally maintain the app, so we will stop the server at the end of this month (which is quite a bit longer than originally planned).

I will speak with the team about future options (e.g. open-sourcing the code, continuing the server without any support, etc.)

3 Likes

I really appreciate that, I’m not sure has anyone using those frequently like me. I used to managed task management in Obsidian for years and the way using day notes or periodic note had to be the main way for my system. I use Bullet Journal method for journaling and review daily, weekly… on each exactly what i wrote on periodic (as i use data), you can understand that’s the way i can query by date time which i use dataview to querry backlink in obsidian. that’s the usecase 1 of me
1 more usecase: tracking habits, i use daily note to tracking each habit and summarize by query at the end of the week by habit plugin (a dashboard and calendar). Do we have any Set Rule to trigger Count habits by checking checkbox in richtext in days entities ? @Chr1sG
Here’s my Daily note in Obsidian tracking habits by checkbox

And here 's a dashboard tracking by plugin I used at the end of the week in Week entities

1 Like