"Due Date" type of Date option - perhaps Extension?

This is great @Oshyan and thank you for the comments lately!

This is part of exactly what I was thinking with this “built out” concept of a Due Date inside Fibery.

I think one of the greatest things @mdubakov and co. are on to is the approach of having “extensions” (which I often think of actually as “apps”) you can add in to the general structure, which is otherwise more or less an open canvas. You can add as you please, but don’t need to. It is very powerful not to be forced into having a Workflow. I have been using Entities as Docs, and I don’t have a workflow on them most of the time as that’s not needed for this type of Entity. But in a tool like ClickUp or Wrike, you have to have these pieces, and it gets awkward.

This is where Fibery differentiates from the likes of Coda, Airtable, and Notion. In those tools you simply have a “date” field, or a “person” field, but in neither case can you expect certain typical behavior for Work Management tools like notifications as you point out. By building functionality around the existing Extension library, Fibery is solving this. If you want a plain “date” column for some reason, and don’t want to associate it with Due Dates, you can have that. If we had a “Due Date” extension though, like we have Assignments, you could choose what suits you best.

@helloitse it occurs to me that this is a subject that would interest you, so would love to get your take as well!

Thanks again!

1 Like