[APPROVED] Add "Description" area to apps created from Scratch

Hey, wanted to flag this up again, very glad to see it’s been approved as I’m really seeing a need for this more and more. Both in App and Type descriptions.

I think the best way to illustrate how useful this would be is to compare to the ability to add a description to a Table in Notion, that I’m guessing many Fibery users may also be aware of. As @mdubakov points out correctly in “Fibery vs. Notion” here:

You could draw a comparison with a Database in Notion to a Fibery Type.

Notion really touts in its templates Database set ups with heavy use of a “Description Area” which is basically what we’re talking about in this thread:

I continue to see need for this as my Fibery expands and I add some additional types. It’s very useful for the users in a team to be able to see some background about what this type is for, what’s the reason it’s there, how it relates across the Fibery Workspace. So want to second once more what @Chr1sG is stating here:

in particular the part about every new view floating to the top just under the App name.

And @Oshyan haven’t really heard much from you on this subject, very curious to get your thoughts!

Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with here, and hope this feedback is useful to your scoping the feature!

1 Like