Airtable Integration Improvements

The original intent of the Airtable integration was that we could use it to import data and migrate from Airtable to Fibery.

Since Airtable is one of few industry leaders I think this is one of the most valuable integrations for sales/user adoption. The current state of the integration is poor and it is not comparable to other integrations available. I’d like to recommend the following improvements:

1. Import of all field types as plain text
  2. Re-establishing the ability to import relationships between tables
  3. Fixing the bug that prevents users from setting up field mapping when creating an Airtable integration for the first time/from the Integrations menu
  4. The ability to map Airtable Collaborators to Fibery Users (like the ClickUp app)
  5. The ability to turn Collaborator fields into select fields in Fibery
  6. Detect percentages and apply formatting to Fibery field

Thanks for putting together this list.
I have a clarification question.

Import of all field types as plain text

Does it mean that you would like to import all the unsupported fields, at least as plain text because it is better than no import?

Re-establishing the ability to import relationships between tables
The ability to map Airtable Collaborators to Fibery Users (like the ClickUp app)
The ability to turn Collaborator fields into select fields in Fibery
Detect percentages and apply formatting to Fibery field

All of them make sense.

Fixing the bug that prevents users from setting up field mapping when creating an Airtable integration for the first time/from the Integrations menu

Hopefully, it will be released next week :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Thanks for following up Kalman!

Absolutely, I’d like to be able to import the unsupported fields at least as plain text. I phrased it as all fields as text fields because of my experience moving between Coda, Notion, Airtable, and Fibery. Since there are fields that may have been a certain type in the original database but I plan to refactor/redesign how it works in the new platform.

Example: I may have a select field in Airtable that I can now turn into a formula/lookup in Fibery. In cases like this, I often prefer to import as just plain text as a visual cue to myself that I will recreate it dynamically.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification.
Your request has been added to our backlog. Unfortunately, I cannot provide an estimated time of completion at this moment. However, I can tell this is unlikely to fix it in Q1.

2 Likes