We've improved Docs greatly this year. Do you still REALLY miss something?

Oh, one more tiny but impactful FRQ for the rich text documents:

Give H2 and H4 a slightly different colour. I think the overall sizing of H1, H2, H3, H4 is reasonably balanced. But, the differences between the levels are IMHO a little too subtle. Thus, giving H2 and H4 a slight tint would make it very clear that they are at a different level than H1 and H3.

Of course I could use a highlighter, but as you can imagine, that’ll be rather ugly and also very cumbersome.

Thanks!

4 Likes

this’s relevant for css type and theme. Honestly I’m really missing custom theme in Obsidian where i can even select font, type, heading type, call out, checkbox, vim mode, zen mode …
But i can sacrifice all of those just for mixing bullet list only

Yeap, that’s one of the reasons we’ve asked for Natively integrated custom CSS (and editor) for Fibery workspaces

3 Likes

I think this harks back to what I was suggesting here: Fibery users should be entities just like any other - #4 by jean1 (specifically the bit “The type name should be just a label. The type should be the composition of all its traits. I.e. you shouldn’t have to convert entities of type A to type B: you should just be able to add/remove the same traits to/from A until it has the desired behaviours and shows up in the desired places.”) … I see you responded to that thread :grin:

2 Likes

Yes this is a great point! I really think that what I perceive to be Fibery’s basic concept - that you can handle all your needs with a basic entity - should be the underlying structure, without the need to have docs, which don’t follow that. And you’re right, same with users - they are treated differently. I don’t actually use the convert entity feature because it doesn’t work well - not all attributes come through, and the previous entity is left in existence which I may or may not need. Ultimately converting entities is just a lot of work in its current format! And as you point out, shouldn’t be necessary…

1 Like

The thing that keeps our team from using Fibery Docs more is lack of A "suggesting" mode for document editing (i.e. multiple document editing "roles"). A Coda-like embed

could also work, but would love to have suggesting mode directly in Fibery Docs. Also am very supportive of the docs as entities, users as entities, everything as entities movement.

2 Likes

Upvoting your table suggestions.

My problem with the table resizing is that if you have a wide table with lots of content on a large screen, and then open it on a smaller screen or as a split (when opening from another entity, or comment inbox) it really messes it up, and narrows some columns to only a couple of chars wide and makes them pages tall. lol

1 Like

I agree to this: I can do a big whiteboard with all steps I need and put it several times as embed in the same document but I need to visualize in each embed different parts of the whiteboard and they must not be edited or scrolled.

2 Likes

In your linked post, you mentioned the value in quickly re-ordering items. In MS Word, it’s a keyboard shortcut. Vertically dragging and dropping would be awesome, in my view. Like Workflowy / Moo.Do.

5 Likes

Actually re-oder of bullet points common in almost note taking app. It’s really easy to re-order the outliner in Roam Research or Obsidian. I’m still waiting this in fibery

3 Likes

I’m missing keyboard shortcuts for moving paragraphs up and down (ctrl+shift+arrow up/down) that you find in most used text editors (Docs, Word, Sublime, Visual Studio Code, etc.). I use it a lot for re-ordering lists when writing feature specs, and missing it deeply when working with lists in Fibery

3 Likes