Trouble deleting all entities in a large database

Context: I uploaded 37,000 entities a week ago, but realized the data set needed to be standardized.
I would like to delete all entities of this type, and re-upload.

Bug/Issue: I’ve run into an issue using the table view AND the database configuration, I cannot delete the entities. I’ve tried deleting all data in the app - it doesn’t work.

My temporary solution has been to use the table view to filter a subset of the data and then delete everything that matches the filter.

1 Like

Why it does not work? Did you have some error?

1 Like

Once I started deleting smaller portions, I did get an error about the size of the command.
At some points I could delete 10,000 rows at a time. At other points, I had an error deleting 7,000 records.

When I attempted to delete everything in the App, there was no error at all. It just didn’t work. The screen would time out and I had the option to type in Delete again.

1 Like

Interesting. I wonder if this is related to performance issues I have faced just today with trying to add a new Field to a Database with ~35k records. I get:
Cannot create Test Rich Text field The upstream server is timing out
Since you didn’t report a similar error I guess it may be different. But the size factor of the databases makes me wonder…

1 Like

My performance issues have only grown since completing my uploads successfully. Fibery is slow to read new CSVs, I have to wait close to a minute to mach changes to the fields I am matching to.

I think sizes a factor since I’ve been testing Fibery for 2 years now and never had these issues. Today I tried to upload a new file (8,800 rows) only to get an error one hour in and no progress on the upload.

I’d like to recommend Fibery to Airtable clients who have run out of space. But these issues make the 50,000 row limit seem like a cake walk

1 Like

I have been intending to report similar issues recently. I plan to make a separate topic about this as I’m not aware of an existing one, but if you’d prefer to do so I will gladly contribute to it. I plan to post in the next few days, but will check first to see if you’ve gotten there first. :wink:

I think we may be able to continue the conversation in an existing thread:

1 Like