Tooltips grey on black next to white are unreadable [DONE]

Some areas like tooltips have dark grey and black combined, and is impossible to read for me without squinting and kissing my monitor :rofl:

Can you slightly adjust the tooltips so I can read them?

I’m typically using Light theme. It’s a slightly better on Dark theme because of fewer high-contrast elements (except on whiteboard). I’m Windows and Chrome, with a “normal” ultrawide monitor.

Examples:

• The recent field descriptions
  • Tooltips on whiteboard
  • Tooltip on item regarding alt/cmd-shortcut

Screenshots:

Field description

Whiteboard

Tooltip on item regarding alt/cmd-shortcut

This was recently marked as done, and definitely better now. Thanks for this! :pray: But I still find it just a bit (too) hard to read, myself.

In the end, these things can be influenced by the environment in which you work. Are your workstation in front of a window etc (mine is, at home).

I have posted new screenshots of the views above below, now after this change. The images here in this forum post are pretty representative of my user experience, so other might chime in if they also have difficulty.

I do get there is a conflict between what in the tooltip that is the expected primary focus, and the secondary, so not simply an issue of just making all text white. :laughing:

In the end, I think it’s more of an issue when the tooltip text is very short and/or the text small, like for a keyboard shortcut “S”, e.g. on whiteboard. Some of these tooltips are more important than others, like keyboard shortcut hints, so maybe if these could become a bit easier to read, I would like it.

New screenshots after change:

Field description

Whiteboard

Tooltip on item, alt/cmd-shortcut