Support for TeX/LaTeX (via MathJax or KaTeX?)

The only major feature missing (for me) from Fibery’s rich text fields is support for typesetting TeX or LaTeX code: it would be awesome if you could add Latex support, via (eg) one of the more popular plugins (MatJax 3.0 or KaTeX). Here’s a fairly nice, recent, dynamic performance comparison (albeit with some annoying popups!):

I’ve already pretty much replaced my Google Doc/Overleaf workflow with my Fibery workspace (as a combined task tracker + status reporter + knowledge graph), but I still have to jump out to those other apps whenever I want to write up progress/notes containing equations. It would be wonderful to be able to stay entirely within my Fibery workspace and incorporate equation-heavy text directly into my rich text fields.

This is a major for our team as well. We are making software which often use equations to describe its specs in features. Without LaTex or similar support for equations, we are forced to write specs in a separate program, make a pdf out of it, and link it as a file. Would be fantastic to be able to write equations directly in Fibery.
I would image this applies to most software companies working on AI software around the world, which are quite many now and growing exponentially. Having this in mind, I think the value of this would be huge for Fibery.

• but this value is likely not reflected by number of votes on this feature…

voted for the feature

the workaround we use at the moment is to generate the image with Online LaTeX to image converter or https://latex2png.com/ and keep the latex code as image caption, like this

4 Likes

Voted. LaTex support would be a super helpful feature!

1 Like