Some questions related to default templates, filters, toggles, synced blocks, and a few other things

1. I was trying to make an automation that first links an entity to a template and then copies the Description field from that template, which includes a table view. However, after the automation runs, the table view doesn’t show as it should in the rich text field. Instead, it shows as [???]. This also happens when an entity with a table view is duplicated. Is there any way to make sure that views such as tables in rich text fields are copied correctly? Or alternatively, how might I go about creating templates for when new entities are created so that views appear correctly in rich text fields?

2. Let’s say that I have a database called “Database 1”, and I want to embed a table view of entities from Database 1 in a different database called “Database 2”. Is there any way to refer to fields in both Database 1 and Database 2 when making a filter?

Use case:

Just to give an idea of why this might be helpful, here is an example: Database 1 and Database 2 might each have a date field. I might only want to show entities in Database 1 that have a date within 7 days compared to the date in Database 2. This would involve referring to the date fields in both databases and not just one of them.

3. Is there any way to create a toggle? I know that headers have a toggle, but the problem with headers is that when they are closed they hide everything under them that is lower in the hierarchy. Additionally, is there a way to get rid of the toggles from headers? Ideally, it would be nice to have toggleable headers and normal ones without toggles.

4. Is it possible to make a synced block? Anything inside this block can be pasted elsewhere and would automatically sync with all other synced blocks that refer to the same original synced block.

5. Are there any ways to move text and headers around like blocks in Notion?

6. Is there any way to indent text?

7. Is there an option to make mentioned entities clickable across the whole line that they are added in?

8. Is it possible to use map functions in formulas?

9. I’ve noticed that Fibery is not marketed towards individual users, so as a side question, is Notion or Fibery better for individuals when it comes to task management, note storage, etc.?

I’ve been a Notion user for a while and decided to experiment with Fibery a bit, and these are all things I couldn’t figure out how to do. I know that some of these questions might also be suggestions, but I want to make sure that I’m not forgetting or overlooking certain features/ways to do the things I described. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to respond.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay in responding.
Here are some answers:

1. Views are not supported in markdown, so it’s not possible yet. But this topic might be interesting: How to create a dynamic link that shows a view filtered by current entity?

2. No, this isn’t directly possible with view filters, but you could use filters in relation views to create a subset collection of DB1 entities for each DB2 entity. Or use a formula to identify (with a checkbox = true) any DB1 entities that are within 7 days of their linked DB2, and then use this field in view filters.

3. No

4. Synced blocks (aka transclusion) is not supported in Fibery, but the references (and the upcoming ‘highlights’ feature) may help in some use cases.

5. Yes and no. Some things (embedded items) have handles for moving them around, but at the moment, simple paragraphs of text do not.

6. No

7. Not sure what you mean. I think the answer is no. Maybe linked highlights are better in some cases than mentions

8. No, but there are many aggregation functions. What do you want to achieve?

9. I’ll let other community members chip in with their opinions, but IMHO Notion is better if all you need is notes/text. Fibery is strong when you also need structured data (and want to collaborate). There are other tools that may be better than both Fibery and Notion, if traditional task management is your primary/sole use case.

2 Likes

Thanks so much! I probably worded number 7 poorly. That should’ve said “links” to entities, not “mentions”. It doesn’t matter anyway; you’ve basically answered everything I asked about.