Remove sharing or review list shared entities

I understand.

Just did a quick test with a JSON Report and it actually works :slight_smile:

3 Likes

These are the steps I followed to create the report.

1. Create a new Report view
  2. Choose Report from Link in the left field
  3. Paste in https://ACCOUNT.fibery.io/api/sharing/commands/list-shares in the Data from link field
  4. In the upper right corner, choose Switch Account
  5. Choose Add account if you don’t have an account setup and then choose Header Authentication
  6. Add the correct values for your account and API access
    1. Name of header: Authorization
    2. Type: Bearer
    3. Token: YOUR_BEARER_TOKEN
    4. Hit Connect
  7. Create Chart/Table or any other view type and use the fields to create the view you want
6 Likes

This is clever!

3 Likes

Awesome :star_struck:

Genius, thanks for sharing! :heart_hands:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help in putting this workaround in place, @mdubakov. It is sincerely appreciated!

Thanks also to the folks here on this thread who identified the need initially.

Looking forward to trying your clever report solution @aoe !!

1 Like

This will be the Fibery API key from https://ACCOUNT.fibery.io/fibery/settings/api-tokens

This is great, thanks, @mdubakov! That said, It has two flaws:

1. Spaces are not listed in here, so those I still need to check manually
  2. There is only a sharedAt timestamp, but no unSharedAt, so unless I manually check and track my date, I won’t know if anything is still shared. Could you add a unSharedAt field, please?

Thanks!

I think if something is unshared, it will disappear from the report on next refresh.

Sorry, no, it does not… my report had most of the items not shared anymore. Or at least, when looking at the share icon, there was not indication that it was shared anymore. :slightly_smiling_face:

It works as expected for me, so this sounds like an issue we should look into. Can you share some details

Hi @Chr1sG,

Here the screenshot of the URL:

And here one of the pages:

I assume it does not matter who shares the page publicly.

So yeah, it doesn’t seem to indicate that it’s still shared. As mentioned, if the JSON could be a full sharing history indicating when the sharing was ended too, then that would be great!

Thanks!

This is strange. I have tried my hardest, but I can’t reproduce this.

Can you make a video of you sharing something, querying the sharing list, unsharing the item and requerying the list.

I wonder if it is possibly a caching issue and the apparent result of the second query is merely a stale version.

Hi @Chr1sG, ok, as I tried to reproduce this, I figured out what’s happening:

https://ACCOUNT.fibery.io/api/sharing/commands/list-shares lists all pages shared with the person sharing them.

But, looking at a page I can only see if I shared it. Even as an admin I cannot see, if somebody else has shared it.

This leads to a some issues:

1. :bangbang: Our space has some pages shared by people that are not with us anymore, there is no way I can unshare these now. (See below)
  2. An admin should be able to disable shares
  3. Multiple users sharing the same document/entity would create different sharing links and entries

As you’re updating the page-level permissions, I hope that these issues will be considered and at least #1 will be resolved.

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

2023-12-04 at 17.26

Thanks for the extra info. We’ll look into it.

Wrt to point 3. it is true that the sharing link varies from user to user, but this means that what is shown via the URL will also vary accordingly.
In other words, for a given entity, if a User has no access to linked items, these will not show in entity view, and will therefore not be shown to users accessing the entity via this user’s sharing URL.
Whereas viewing a URL generated by public sharing enabled by an Admin will show everything.

I think this is a reasonable solution so that each user is able to share an entity, but not share more info than they themselves have access to.

Re #3: You are right that sharing only what a user sees themselves makes sense if attached entities are shared along recursively.

I’m sure the whole shebang has plenty of complexity that your team has mulled through.

That said, as I’m an Admin, I probably would want to restrict how far the sharing ripples through, if it defaults to everything connected. :blush:

Ooof. Sounds like an interesting problem.

Anyway, I guess what would be useful in the short run, would be for admins to be able to disable things shared by others, or, even more minimally: Terminate all sharing done by users that have been deactivated.

Thanks!

Yep. Totally understandable.
:+1:

1 Like