Remove sharing or review list shared entities

Any updates on this guys? We want to turn off the sharing for documents with sensitive information.

2 Likes

Nothing to report I’m afraid.

Do you have in the roadmap at least?

I can’t see that we have a specific feature in our backlog that relates to this problem, sorry.

This is a hygiene feature and it’s not as simple as “whoever shared should be educated”. I found myself sharing some thing pages at a point but I need to review if these should still be shared regularly.
So low I clicked through everything to see what pages were shared. But as I have a lot of databases, I don’t know what entities were shared too.

I would think/hope that a simple list of publicly available content (spaces, pages, views, entities), and which can be indexed by search engines should be reasonably easy to implement.

Can be a tab in the audit log or a section in the workspace settings. It could even be a script to generate a report…

And lastly, I would love to vote for these things but I’ve not had votes available for ages.
So votes should be freed up when the items are added to the roadmap or marked as won’t do, or paid subscribers should receive new votes every now and then… thanks.

4 Likes

Some workaround is possible here now, you can use API endpoint to fetch all shared entities and docs.
Use this URL (only Admin can do it).

https://ACCOUNT.fibery.io/api/sharing/commands/list-shares

{"entityType":"d8539bb0-5c5e-11e9-bd99-87e231d30182",
"entityId":"0fa1c000-...",
"sharedBy":"86160190-...",
"sharedAt":"2023-11-06T13:56:45.316Z",
"sharingKey":"1ec11cb0-...",
"typeName":"Customer Success/Conversation",
"userName":"Polina Zenevich ",
"entityTitle":"[#4232]  Michael & Polina"}

I hope we will put some UI on top in near future.

6 Likes

Thank you for this, it works well.

If possible, it would be nice to be able to filter the output for some of the specified keys, e.g. entityType, typeName, userName, etc.

Sorry, here you will have to wait for UI…

1 Like

I understand.

Just did a quick test with a JSON Report and it actually works :slight_smile:

3 Likes

These are the steps I followed to create the report.

1. Create a new Report view
  2. Choose Report from Link in the left field
  3. Paste in https://ACCOUNT.fibery.io/api/sharing/commands/list-shares in the Data from link field
  4. In the upper right corner, choose Switch Account
  5. Choose Add account if you don’t have an account setup and then choose Header Authentication
  6. Add the correct values for your account and API access
    1. Name of header: Authorization
    2. Type: Bearer
    3. Token: YOUR_BEARER_TOKEN
    4. Hit Connect
  7. Create Chart/Table or any other view type and use the fields to create the view you want
6 Likes

This is clever!

3 Likes

Awesome :star_struck:

Genius, thanks for sharing! :heart_hands:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help in putting this workaround in place, @mdubakov. It is sincerely appreciated!

Thanks also to the folks here on this thread who identified the need initially.

Looking forward to trying your clever report solution @aoe !!

1 Like

This will be the Fibery API key from https://ACCOUNT.fibery.io/fibery/settings/api-tokens

This is great, thanks, @mdubakov! That said, It has two flaws:

1. Spaces are not listed in here, so those I still need to check manually
  2. There is only a sharedAt timestamp, but no unSharedAt, so unless I manually check and track my date, I won’t know if anything is still shared. Could you add a unSharedAt field, please?

Thanks!

I think if something is unshared, it will disappear from the report on next refresh.

Sorry, no, it does not… my report had most of the items not shared anymore. Or at least, when looking at the share icon, there was not indication that it was shared anymore. :slightly_smiling_face:

It works as expected for me, so this sounds like an issue we should look into. Can you share some details

Hi @Chr1sG,

Here the screenshot of the URL:

And here one of the pages:

I assume it does not matter who shares the page publicly.

So yeah, it doesn’t seem to indicate that it’s still shared. As mentioned, if the JSON could be a full sharing history indicating when the sharing was ended too, then that would be great!

Thanks!

This is strange. I have tried my hardest, but I can’t reproduce this.

Can you make a video of you sharing something, querying the sharing list, unsharing the item and requerying the list.

I wonder if it is possibly a caching issue and the apparent result of the second query is merely a stale version.