Polymorphic relations. When creating relation, ability to have many Types from which to choose, and not just one Type

Sorry for posting in this thread again, but this is a big want of mine from Fibery, and wanted to reach out to a few of the newcomers @Jean as well as @chris.burchartz and @Raphael_Mizrahi, who we talked together around this request:

I have done a lot of work in Notion and Coda, and they both have the major limitation of being able to relate just one table to another. Here in Fibery, Types are grouped in Apps, but we still can only relate one type to another. So I find myself making some “mini” hierarchies within Apps, let’s say I have one for Development like “epic - > feature - > User story”. If I want to create another Type for an “Engineering Meeting,” I’d like to be able to reference anything out of this App in one field, and potentially see multiple types in that field, too.

I wanted to bring this to your guys’ attention and get your thoughts, as Michael is weighing in here that the team has this on the radar. I personally can’t wait for it! I am curious mainly of any sentiment about how badly it is needed among others using Fibery, or are there any workarounds? I haven’t found any, and simply am waiting impatiently so I can get my Entities into a much more compact state with far fewer fields.

Thanks!

2 Likes