Make `console.log(...)` output directly to the browser console

is it possible to do? Make console.log(...) output directly to the console, where to find it in execute (according to the documentation Fibery API), I still do not understand. In any case, it’s not very convenient to use and it’s much more logical to see the console.log(...) output in the browser console.

1 Like

Hello!
Your suggestion to output to console looks logical. We will consider to implement this.
According to your case (not seeing your logs in “execute” response) – probably condition entity["Time Started"] !== null was not passed in your case?

1 Like

No, it’s not because entity [" Time Started "]! == null, i checked up second time just now. Action is execute with right result, but console.log output does not seen in ‘Network tab’.

{"startedAt":"2019-11-14T19:36:45.971Z","duration":230,"cpu":20,"memory":1466368,"events":[{"type":"fibery_request/completed","title":"Commands fibery.schema/query => OK","commands":[{"command":"fibery.schema/query","args":{}}],"duration":131},{"type":"fibery_request/completed","title":"Commands fibery.command/batch => OK","commands":[{"command":"fibery.command/batch","args":{"commands":[{"command":"fibery.entity/update","args":{"type":"Software~Development/Task","entity":{"fibery/id":"24cffad0-d692-11e9-9d3b-218916a9e306","Software~Development/Timer Started":null,"Software~Development/Latest Time Entry":0.0071916666666666665,"Software~Development/Spent in hours":0.0071916666666666665}}}]}}],"duration":67}]}

I’ve setup entity structure similary to yours(as I see on your screenshots).
Everything seems to work fine with console logs. By the way now console logs are written to browser console, just as you suggested. Just reload the page and it will work.

If the problem still exists for you (not seeing console logs), could you please send me your action button script, and I’ll check how it works for me?

2 Likes

Sorry to revive this old thread. But I am wondering if something has changed under the hood with console.log()? I used to be able use this as described from action buttons previously but it no longer seems to work for neither the old nor the new action buttons. Am I missing something?

Above workaround might work.
Neal

1 Like

I had no idea the activity log would contain the console.log() output. I should be reading these threads more carefully :man_facepalming:

Hello.
We’ve fixed that issue and console.log should write to browser console as it was previously. Sorry for inconvenience.

1 Like

Has this reverted? I am not seeing my script’s console.log messages in the DevTools console.

1 Like

Hello. I’ve checked on my workspace and it seems to work.
Could you please send an example that does not work for you? Maybe there is something specific there.
We didn’t change anything intentionally on our side.

Works fine for me:

1 Like

Is this supposed to work with Automation Rules, or only Buttons?

Only for buttons, as we do not track on UI status of automation rules being executed.
For buttons we show loader and wait till the response, where info about button execution is. So we can show these console.log statements in browser console.

For automation rules that contains script, I recommend to create a button first, and test script there. Later just copy script to a rule.
The only thing is that input args for a rule can be a bit different, but once used to it should be ok as I think.

1 Like