July 20, 2023 / Experimental 🥹 new Grid View and 🏛️ Columns Layout in Docs

So happy with this release. You guys are amazing.

Initial feedback:

• Confusing Behavior:
    • Final states are not grayed out
    • I keep wanting to right click column headers to get column options
    • Field filtering with multiple databases is very confusing. Currently if you leave your selection in the filter drop down on a database, then the columns drop down only shows that databases fields. So you have to go back to filter and select all databases to see all fields under columns. This is not intuitive to me. Feels like this field DB filtering needs to be built into the column drop down itself rather than carrying over
    • Some of the grid views I’ve created won’t show buttons in the ‘+’ column drop down. Then when I add a button from the columns header button, it lists the button in the ‘+’ drop down as ‘Button was deleted or disabled’. But this isn’t consistant behavior on all my grid views, so I’m not sure.
    • ‘+ New Field or Relation’ button at the bottom of the ‘+’ column drop down doesn’t work
  • Strong Wants:
    • Not yet available in entity to-many views
    • Wish there was entire row color options similar to tables
    • Really want option to group by state/single-selects instead of just relations (similar to Monday/Clickup)
    • Would love a single column count field (single column for all DBs in the grid view) for how many entities are listed below
    • Workflow like @PsyRoelofs described. Shift-Enter to create new row below, tab to indent as inside, shift-tab to bring back to below.
    • Would love an option to make the top level more distinct. Bold / bigger / wider space, something to better visually distinguish
    • Grid view makes me want same DB relation levels from level 2+ and not just from level 1 even more
    • Please consider the grid view collapsible gantt sidebar idea. This would be game changing for us.

Again, awesome release!

7 Likes