Individual Layouts for a node, hide fields etc

Hey thanks for all that!

I did want to address the point you made here:

The problem with the way this Fibery Discourse is set up is you don’t really have anything close I think to a Canny-type approach. I’d be curious how you think Discourse is functional at handling specifically Feature Requests, not general “feedback” which is what you mentioned above - although maybe you meant the same thing?

At this point here in the Fibery community, we have one mass of requests all organized in one category, growing by the day. There is an unclear way to see what is really being worked on. It’s up to the users to connect what’s here in Discourse, with the WIP’s published in Twitter, and more abstract discussions in the Blog, to figure out where their desired feature is on the list, like this one simple feature that remains to me a mystery as to whether we’ll ever get it:

I have been here over 1 1/2 years and still many, many key features remain unclear to me as to where they are in prioritization, or whether they will be done at all. I just don’t think these fragmented sources of info on what’s being developed in Fibery are easy to figure out, and overly helpful to paying users who are in pretty desperate need of some of the stuff that’s missing in Fibery.

I do agree as I just wrote that Discourse has great search, and in general it’s a market leading suite for managing communities. If Feature Requests were outside the realm of that scope, that would be one thing. But they are entwined here with all the other, more typical community areas like “Ask the Community” and “Share your App.” In fact, I continue to hope that Fibery will present a way to manage Feature Requests via Fibery directly, including a public-facing Feature Board, which is a key piece of Aha and ProductBoard that they are clearly going after. And then dogfood on that, leaving Discourse here as a true community piece.

Cheers!

1 Like