Import States and Relations

I’d like to import large projects from other services like Coda & Airtable just to try out what the workflow would be here in Fibery. The biggest hangup for me is having to recreate data manually.

The last time I checked, I couldn’t import data from a csv into a state field or a relation. This is especially cumbersome, since my only alternative is to manually add them. That won’t scale.
If the copy & paste functionality is a higher priority, that would provide a reasonable workaround

Is this something already in consideration? Are there any known workarounds?

2 Likes

Same need here.
I would have to import 10+ backlogs but I just need to be able to fill in the “related to” field during the import which is impossible right now, so that would mean filling the relations manually for hundreds of lines.
The big interest of Fibery is to make relations between entity easy so that feature would be great, but as helloitse said, a c/c feature in the table view, or a bulk edit feature, would already really compensate in many cases.

Unfortunately there are no good workarounds. We’ll think about it in nearest future, since this is a huge obstacle for trying Fibery in production for many people

3 Likes

One could write an script to run after a CSV import that would “fix up” the newly imported entities via the Fibery API. Certainly, setting a State field should not be difficult.

If the entity-relationship info is in the CSV in some form, then linking the imported entities should be possible via the API.

A time investment for sure, but not rocket science. :rocket:

I am wondering if there are any updates on this? I am actually surprised that improved importing hasn’t gotten more votes.

I think in the interim, even having the ability to just export entity GUIDs and establish relations/states based on that for imported data would be good enough.

We’re starting Airtable sync, so import from Airtable will be easy soon.

1 Like

Import from Airtable solves it (very well!) for one app, but the general case still exists and applies to other notable apps like Coda, ClickUp, and many others… :thinking: