GPT 3.5 vs GPT 4

That’s awesome. Congrats on moving so fast.
When do you think you would have the 4.0 API? The results are night and day. Example (using one of your prompts):

Give 1-3 counter arguments to the text below: “”" You can teach critical thinking to people who have a very low education achievement “”" Do not return anything other than the counter-arguments. Do not wrap responses in quotes

1. Critical thinking skills can be developed and improved over time, regardless of a person’s educational background, as they involve problem-solving, analysis, and evaluation abilities that are often cultivated through real-life experiences rather than formal education alone.
  2. Providing individuals with low education achievement opportunities to learn critical thinking can empower them to make informed decisions, challenge assumptions, and better navigate the complexities of life, ultimately contributing to their personal and professional growth.
  3. Critical thinking education can be adapted to various levels of prior knowledge and abilities, allowing people with low education achievement to benefit from tailored teaching methods and materials that cater to their specific needs and learning pace.

Give 1-3 counter arguments to the text below: “”" You can teach critical thinking to people who have a very low education achievement “”" Do not return anything other than the counter-arguments. Do not wrap responses in quotes

1. Critical thinking skills are often built on a foundation of knowledge and information, so individuals with very low education achievement may not have the necessary background to effectively learn and apply critical thinking skills.
  2. Critical thinking involves complex reasoning and analysis, which may be difficult for individuals with low education achievement to grasp without first developing basic literacy and numeracy skills.
  3. Factors such as poverty, lack of access to education, and systemic inequalities can all hinder an individual’s ability to develop critical thinking skills, regardless of their education level. Therefore, it may be necessary to address these underlying issues before attempting to teach critical thinking to individuals with low education achievement.
1 Like

We already have access to it, but here are some problems

1. 4 is 20-30x more expensive. So it might cost you $20+/user/month or more
  2. We provide only 200 requests for free, then you have to register your own account and on this account you will not have GPT4 (yet).

Technically we have model switch, but did not make it public yet.

Hmm, reflect app has it. How do they do it at 10$/mo? they ask for an API key as well, maybe it only works with 4 if your API key works with 4?

I don’t know how it is possible…

I wonder if bing chat API is/will be cheaper?
Worth investigating. Trying bing chat, it does some things better than GPT, it brings sources(links to sites where it found the info). You guys seem to be using the new wave of AI features better than anyone else (or better integrated with the product). It’d be a waste to stay on 3.5 for too long, particuarly because you need reasoning for space creating tasks, and reasoning is much improved in the newer models.

We tried GPT-4 here and saw no improvements. But we will provide an option to choose your model when GPT4 will be out of beta. I think it will be soon enough (like a month).

2 Likes

@mdubakov I’d vote for bringing a model switch back. We really need the ability to parse longer texts. Use case is interview transcripts lasting between 30m to 1h. Cost of tokens is not a problem.

2 Likes

We’ve added mode switcher, but will release it next week only.
NOTE: It will return error if you don’t have GPT-4 access in your OpenAI account.

2023-04-21 18.44.16

3 Likes

GPT-4 switcher is on prod. It works only for Text AI Assistant and only if you have access to GPT-4 (we do, so for first 200 requests that you have for free from our account it will work fine)

1 Like

This is great news.

I was wondering if it’s possible to set the model in the automations as well?

GPT-4 handles instructions much better than GPT-3.5

One thing I’m using Fibery for is meeting notes, where GPT creates a summary of the meeting automatically when it’s done and when the instructions are being ignored the output can differ compared to what GPT-4 puts out

Yes, we will add parameters to automations relatively soon.

2 Likes

How to use this? I’ve placed my OpenAI key that gives me access to GPT-4, but somehow Fibery claims not to have access to it?

2023-04-28 at 17.46