Formula to link 2 different outcomes

Hi there,

I’m looking for an automation to link a WeekDayName formule to a WeekDayName database entity. I guess normally you would do this with a name,name solution. But the outcome of WeekDayName is in Englisch, but the database entity is in Dutch.

So what I was thinking is the following. Please correct me if there’s a better/easier solution.

• Create an automation

• If a task is updated (or created) → Formula for which day (welke dag in the image)

• Then update Periode.

• Inside periode there is Monday - Sunday, but then in Dutch. Maandag, Dinsdag, Woensdag, etc.

• How can I create a formula that says, if day is Monday, then it’s the same as Maandag in the Periode database.

Hope you understand what I’m trying to accomplish.

The reason I need a database for the day is that I want to be able to create a bord view with the days in the colums.

It sounds like you might want to add an extra field to the Period database which is the English translation of the days of the week.
Then you can use an auto-relation to match Tasks to Periods, based on the Task’s weekdayname formula field matching the english name of the Period.
firefox_J0Tj39h7Yy

Hope that makes sense.

If you want the relation to be editable, then an automation solution may be preferable, but the principle is similar: you would just update the Task’s Period field by using something like

Periods.filter(English = [Step 1 Task].WeekDayName).Sort().First()

1 Like

Sometime solutions can be sooo simple. :slight_smile: Thank you!