🔮 Fibery roadmap for Feb-April 2023

Thanks a lot for sharing, @mdubakov! An exciting roadmap indeed, I’m quite stoked.

A few comments:

1. Table improvements: Please add a simple way to add new rows in tables via keyboard (ALT+ENTER or something) so that one doen’t have to grab the mouse, click the three dots and then click the right add row option? Small but massive fix for a table fan. Million thanks!
  2. Filter improvements: An advanced mode where one can write SQL-style queries (with JOINS and all) would solve the whole nested operators. It would also 1) allow for more flexible filtering and 2) keep entities cleaner as they do not need to be littered with lookups.
  3. Yay to all your document improvements! Thanks a lot!

Whiteboard view
For us this is massive and I’m excited for the improvements. Our use case is as follows:

We use the whiteboard as the central piece to model our product flows. Being able to place entities is crucial, because that allows us to:

1. List the View entity (the screen in use, which itself defines the Template, Components, Objects, etc.)
  2. Describe the actions taken by a given Actor (the user group used as swimlane)
  3. List the Backend API Calls triggered by the different actions (defining our internal APIs grouped into Backend Services)
  4. List any Notifications, Log Events and other things to be triggered

As such, these flow diagrams define how our software Features works and is the central piece for engineers, designers, product owners, etc. to collaborate.
While being able to draw lines easily is helpful, the main thing for us is to easily be place boxes and Entities with some explanations and easily to shuffle them around. What we’d love to see:

1. Simple grid with standardised sizes that makes it easy to move boxes/tiles around
  2. Ability to add (threaded) comments and resolve them
  3. Ability to place (and link) any other Document or other WhiteBoard as a precursor for transclusions
  4. Improved connectors → they are iffy right now
  5. Improved frames → they are iffy right now

I know it’s not fair, but the tool I compare it with is Whimsical. While Miro is great for joint brainstorming, I’m a diagramming person and I want our team to think through User Journeys, Entity Relationship Models, Object Lifecycles, etc. For this, Fibery in principle is great, just needs to become more refined.

Happy to share more details on this.

Also happy to participate in your research on chats.

Thanks again to the whole team for the continuous improvements.

4 Likes